Kodak dock 6000

Last response: in Digital Camera
May 19, 2005 10:15:20 PM

Can someone tell me whether or not I can use this dock
without involving the Kodak photo software in the process.
I un-installed the software because I found it intrusive and am happy
to simply upload straight to My Pictures in Windows XP?

I don't want to buy the dock if it means having to use the photo software.

Brian

More about : kodak dock 6000

Anonymous
May 19, 2005 10:15:21 PM

On Thu, 19 May 2005 18:15:20 +0100, in rec.photo.digital
"certsnsearches" <certsnsearches@ireland.com> wrote:

>Can someone tell me whether or not I can use this dock
>without involving the Kodak photo software in the process.
>I un-installed the software because I found it intrusive and am happy
>to simply upload straight to My Pictures in Windows XP?
>
>I don't want to buy the dock if it means having to use the photo software.

Why not just a much simpler and cheaper carder reader?
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 10:15:21 PM

In article <d6ihjd$d7a$1@reader01.news.esat.net>,
certsnsearches@ireland.com says...
> Can someone tell me whether or not I can use this dock
> without involving the Kodak photo software in the process.
> I un-installed the software because I found it intrusive and am happy
> to simply upload straight to My Pictures in Windows XP?
>
> I don't want to buy the dock if it means having to use the photo software.
>
> Brian

Just install the "Camera Connection" software off of the disk. When you
press the share button the camera will show up as a removable drive. If
you have XP and don't mind the File transfer wizard you don't even need
to install the Camera Connection software.

May 19, 2005 10:43:37 PM

"Ed Ruf" <egruf_usenet@cox.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 May 2005 18:15:20 +0100, in rec.photo.digital
> "certsnsearches" <certsnsearches@ireland.com> wrote:
>
>>Can someone tell me whether or not I can use this dock
>>without involving the Kodak photo software in the process.
>>I un-installed the software because I found it intrusive and am happy
>>to simply upload straight to My Pictures in Windows XP?
>>
>>I don't want to buy the dock if it means having to use the photo software.
>
> Why not just a much simpler and cheaper carder reader?
> http://EdwardGRuf.com

Hi Ed.....I just fancy having the camera sitting neatly in the dock on my
desk recharging as well.

Brian
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 6:05:34 PM

Greetings Brian,

Yes you can. All you need do is go to the Kodak website and the download
area for EasyShare. Begin the download to the point where it asks if you
want a custom install. Choose yes, and set all other features to no save for
the CCS or Camera Connection Software. That software will install and allow
you to use the camera to transfer of images. You can also download and
install the drivers for the printer docks. Check the site and the process.
Let me know if you have any trouble.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

news:D 6ihjd$d7a$1@reader01.news.esat.net...