Tecmo hints at supporting Playstation3

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.playstation,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/644/644736p1.html

Tecmo Eyes PS3

Company feels different approach is needed from Xbox 360.
by Anoop Gantayat
August 24, 2005 - Tecmo president Junji Nakamura has, for the first time,
publicly hinted at PlayStation 3 support from his company. According to
Japanese site Mainichi Interactive, Nakamura revealed to investors and press
on the 24th that development for the platform has now entered into the
company's sights.

Last year, Nakamura expressed discontent with Sony Computer Entertainment's
secrecy surrounding the PlayStation 3 platform, in contrast to Microsoft's
comparative openness with the Xbox 360. Sure enough, Tecmo's public next
generation plans have, thus far, only been for the Xbox 360.

Despite Nakamura's apparent discontent with the PS3, news of Tecmo's support
for the platform should come as no surprise, as the company was a heavy
supporter of the PlayStation 2 platform. The exception, of course, was the
company's prized Team Ninja team, which devoted itself to the Xbox platform
and seems to be doing the same with the Xbox 360. Tecmo's first next
generation title is, in fact, a Team Ninja title -- Dead or Alive 4, which
is scheduled to launch alongside the Xbox 360 later this year.

As part of today's comments, Nakamura touched upon a few next generation
development issues, stating that Xbox 360 development will cost 20% more
than development for previous generation platforms. Specifically referring
to the PlayStation 3, he added: "Compared to the Xbox 360, it seems to be
somewhat out of place with today's developers. I believe that it is having
an influence on the skills and abilities of developers. You will have to
change your way of thinking."

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.playstation,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Didn't they release that really poo fighting game?

perfect

"David Parkes" <wibble@wobble.com> wrote in message
> Didn't they release that really poo fighting game?

A poo fighting game? Sounds like you're talking about Tekken. You can blame
Namco for that.

Perfect wrote:

> A poo fighting game? Sounds like you're talking
> about Tekken. You can blame Namco for that.

NAMBLA?

"Perfect" <pictureperfect@Ipaintaperfectpicture> wrote in message

> "David Parkes" <wibble@wobble.com> wrote in message
> > Didn't they release that really poo fighting game?
>
> A poo fighting game?

He is referring (as you know) to Dead on Arrival

Mike

Splendid
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.playstation,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Perfect" <pictureperfect@Ipaintaperfectpicture> wrote in message

> "David Parkes" <wibble@wobble.com> wrote in message
>> Didn't they release that really poo fighting game?
>
> A poo fighting game? Sounds like you're talking about Tekken. You can
> blame Namco for that.

On the subject of Tekken being poopy doo, so is any Soul Calibur after the
Dreamcast version. I miss my little dreamy white console. Namco should just
hang it up with fighing games and leave that one to the pros