Sign in with
Your question

Double clicking brings up the start menu? Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
January 6, 2012 12:02:17 AM

every time i double-click, the start menu pops up...i double click again and it closes... however to close it i cannot even click away like everybody else can... it only just started occurring the day before... i also do not have my desktop icons displayed because i don't like cluttered desktop... i cannot make them appear because my rightçlick isn't working at all on the desktop unless i right-click in a window... any help please?
January 6, 2012 12:16:27 AM

by the way it's only when i double-click on the desktop that the Start Menu appears.... |_(-_-)_|
m
l
January 6, 2012 1:13:47 AM

Did you install any software for your mouse? If you did, try uninstalling that software and use Windows built in mouse driver and see how it works. If your problem goes away, reinstall the newest software for your mouse from the manufacturer. If you didn't install any software for your mouse, see if there is any available from the manufacturer and try that.
m
l
Related resources
January 6, 2012 5:06:21 AM

timinator said:
Did you install any software for your mouse? If you did, try uninstalling that software and use Windows built in mouse driver and see how it works. If your problem goes away, reinstall the newest software for your mouse from the manufacturer. If you didn't install any software for your mouse, see if there is any available from the manufacturer and try that.

I haven't installed any software or updates, there have been no updates for my drivers so nothing has changed for the last couple of months.

I have also found out that in the bottom right corner 'Show Desktop', if i click that everything turns normal but once i open another program/window it reverts back to its idiocy -_-

m
l
February 1, 2012 12:35:01 PM

I just started having this problem as well :/  I also keep my icons hidden, so it is a pain because I can't access my desktop! I'm a software developer, however, and I installed some beta software from a client last night (to test) and my computer has been acting a bit funky since. The software changed my date-time settings without asking (a bit offensive there) and I'm assuming at this point that it did something to the mouse driver too.
m
l
!