Sign in with
Your question

Need a pro`s help! Stuck! Current $1400 Gaming build

Last response: in Systems
January 31, 2012 9:12:05 PM

I am trying to build a High performance Desktop PC . Mainly Mainly to play ARMA III when releases this spring. Anyways Below is what I have picked out so far, After alot of help on these forums this is what I have come up with, My main issue`s now are finding a motherboard $200 or under with red and black scheme (or close to it) that is full ATX and has GEN 3 PCI e for the new 7970 GPU`s I will be getting, I am starting with one this year and adding a 2nd next year, My whole thing is performance, and being able to upgrade in future, Would of liked to stayed under 1,000 all together but its impossible once I got into all this and saw all this cool stuff. Please take a look and let me know of a Quality mobo with over clocking abiilities, Dual pci 3.0 , USB 3.0, sata 6/gbs ., I cannot find one anyone agrees on with Black and red color scheme or close to it (i.e Black, Black/Grey/Smoke/) I just saw they released the 7950`s and I might go with that to save a few bucks and the XFX version is Bad ass, its overclocked with double dissipation, lts silver/black with Red black top, so with this or even same from xfx of 7970 I am going to start looking for aboard that is black/silver or black red or what ever is the best according to you guys even if color is off! thanks

Please let me know if you see any bottlenecks or mis match issues or such (i.e Will Ripjaws ram work with i7 Z68 of which brand?)

PSU--$96-XFX Core Edition PRO850W (P1-850S-NLB9) 850W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC PSU
CPU- $279 Core i7 2600K
GPU- $579 (OUCH) 7970 AMD (Whcih brand should I go with here on the 7970`s?) Any other cheaper suggestions, ARMA3 Ultras settings capable?
HDD- $FREE Re use from last build, a 2tb Deskstar 7200rpm Storage Drive and a 750GB External Esata HDD for back ups
SSD- $110 Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F90GBGT-BK 2.5" 90GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
RAM- $47 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
FAN- $29 COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 CPU Cooler Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact"
CASE-$110 NZXT Phantom 410 CA-PH410-B1 Red Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $110
MoBO-$200 - Red black prefered- I have no idea which board, I found a great one but its Micro ATX, everyone says I need Full ATX for upgrades. I need a big board with cool scheme fast! thanks so much , you all have been the biggest help, What do you think of this one EVGA Z68 FTW 160-SB-E689-KR LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard , its 214$ after rebate? would it be great?

LAstly , could I have gone any way at all with AMD and build such a great PC cheaper?
January 31, 2012 11:26:39 PM

I have been searching all over trying to make sure I am doing this right, What i am mostly worried about now is firstly getting a motherboard that fully supports dual or more 7950`s or 7970 video cards, these require PCI E 3rd gen, And What i am reading is only the new new sandy bridge E family has motherboards capable of this, No where can i find a motherboard saying it will work for the i7 2600k chip and have PCI E 3rd gen , whats this about can you please help?

2nd, Is i don't really have the money to do this .. lol, But i am going to, I just want to get the ok from all of you that i am doing the right thing here and this will be a fast system, I wish I could get the newest of the new Intel chips and boards but its just too outrageous right now, Is this build going to be fast?
!