Windows 7 with new computer question

basch99

Honorable
May 8, 2012
Hello, I want to know when building a new system and installing windows 7 - can custom built pc boot from usb disk? If not, then can it boot from a dvd drive? Thank you - I 'm using a full windows 7 download license which I burn the iso image to the dvd myself.

basch99

Honorable
May 8, 2012
I got it from the official Microsoft store online - I know retail price is kinda bad but I'm using my Windows 7 now on my mac and plan to transfer that Windows 7 copy to my new desktop.

Hi :)

As its already been used (the key) you are going to have to ring MS....

I would love to hear that conversation lol (Mac), somehow I doubt they will allow its use again...

All the best Brett :)

basch99

Honorable
May 8, 2012
no it's a transferable license from the US Microsoft store which retails for 200 dollars - I'm planning to remove windows 7 on my mac and put in on my new pc. Please answer my original question please.

Hi :)

You can boot from any drive you wish.....but I have NEVER heard of a transferable licence :(

And my shops sell Windows Operating systems....and I am a Microsoft partner....could you provide a link to this "Transferable Licence" please ?

All the best Brett :)

basch99

Honorable
May 8, 2012
hello brett, this is what I mean

definition of a full packaging product
also known as Full Packaged Product (FPP). The full version of Windows has no limitation on how customers can install and use the OS, as long as each PC has its own legitimate license. Full retail can perform either clean (custom) and upgrade install, and can be transferred to upgraded or entirely new systems as long as only one copy is installed at a time. Full license is always the most expensive edition, and is normally purchased for computer that does not sold with Windows operating system originally.