Lost accessibility shortcuts in StartMenu!

Due to an eager and persistent wish to have my Start Menu in "perfect
order", I deleted by mistakes the accessibility shortcuts in the Start
Menu , "restore, defrag, diskclean ie".
I have manage to localized the most interesting ones, except from the
restore(choise) shortcut. It is probably somewhere in the system32 folder,
but I have`nt manage to find it though!?
Anyone know the name and place for it?
--
tmbernt

NO.SPAM.PLEASE. wrote:
> Due to an eager and persistent wish to have my Start Menu in "perfect
> order", I deleted by mistakes the accessibility shortcuts in the Start
> Menu , "restore, defrag, diskclean ie".
> I have manage to localized the most interesting ones, except from the
> restore(choise) shortcut. It is probably somewhere in the system32
> folder, but I have`nt manage to find it though!?
> Anyone know the name and place for it?

The System Restore executable file is rstrui.exe and is located in the
C:\%system root%\System32\Restore folder.

Locate the file and Right Click/Create Shortcut.
--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

kelly

rstrui.exe: C:\%system root%\System32\Restore

1. Insert the Windows XP CD
2. Click Start/Run and type:
"rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\Windows\Inf\sr.inf"

System Restore core files should be reinstalled.

Alternately, you may also open Windows Explorer, navigate to
"C:\Windows\Inf" folder and right-click sr.inf (choose Install)

Added info:

For Pro: GPEDIT.MSC can be used to disable/enable System Restore. Disabling
it causes the tab to vanish from System Properties.

Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, System Restore.
The option is turn off System Restore, and it should be Disabled or Not
Configured.

For Home: Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore
Value name: DisableSR. Value of 1 turns it off, 0 or deleting it turns it
on.

Or run this regfile:

Restore/Enable System Restore (Line 278)

All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"NO.SPAM.PLEASE." <thormagneb@yahoo.no> wrote in message

Due to an eager and persistent wish to have my Start Menu in "perfect
order", I deleted by mistakes the accessibility shortcuts in the Start
Menu , "restore, defrag, diskclean ie".
I have manage to localized the most interesting ones, except from the
restore(choise) shortcut. It is probably somewhere in the system32 folder,
but I have`nt manage to find it though!?
Anyone know the name and place for it?
--
tmbernt

kelly

My bad: C:\WINNT or Windows\System32\Restore - rstrui.exe

--

> rstrui.exe: C:\%system root%\System32\Restore
>
> 1. Insert the Windows XP CD
> 2. Click Start/Run and type:
> "rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\Windows\Inf\sr.inf"
>
> System Restore core files should be reinstalled.
>
> Alternately, you may also open Windows Explorer, navigate to
> "C:\Windows\Inf" folder and right-click sr.inf (choose Install)
>
> Added info:
>
> For Pro: GPEDIT.MSC can be used to disable/enable System Restore.
> Disabling it causes the tab to vanish from System Properties.
>
> Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, System Restore.
> The option is turn off System Restore, and it should be Disabled or Not
> Configured.
>
> For Home: Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore
> Value name: DisableSR. Value of 1 turns it off, 0 or deleting it turns it
> on.
>
> Or run this regfile:
>
> Restore/Enable System Restore (Line 278)

> All the Best,
> Kelly
>
> Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "NO.SPAM.PLEASE." <thormagneb@yahoo.no> wrote in message
>
> Due to an eager and persistent wish to have my Start Menu in "perfect
> order", I deleted by mistakes the accessibility shortcuts in the Start
> Menu , "restore, defrag, diskclean ie".
> I have manage to localized the most interesting ones, except from the
> restore(choise) shortcut. It is probably somewhere in the system32 folder,
> but I have`nt manage to find it though!?
> Anyone know the name and place for it?
> --
> tmbernt

Thank`s a lot!

På Sat, 18 Sep 2004 14:09:40 -0700, skrev Ronnie Vernon MVP
<ronv@mvps.org>:

> NO.SPAM.PLEASE. wrote:
>> Due to an eager and persistent wish to have my Start Menu in "perfect
>> order", I deleted by mistakes the accessibility shortcuts in the Start
>> Menu , "restore, defrag, diskclean ie".
>> I have manage to localized the most interesting ones, except from the
>> restore(choise) shortcut. It is probably somewhere in the system32
>> folder, but I have`nt manage to find it though!?
>> Anyone know the name and place for it?
>

> The System Restore executable file is rstrui.exe and is located in
> the
> C:\%system root%\System32\Restore folder.
>
> Locate the file and Right Click/Create Shortcut.

--
tmbernt

Thank`s for the full solution to my problem.
Thor

På Sat, 18 Sep 2004 16:42:40 -0500, skrev Kelly <kelly@mvps.org>:

> rstrui.exe: C:\%system root%\System32\Restore
>
> 1. Insert the Windows XP CD
> 2. Click Start/Run and type:
> "rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\Windows\Inf\sr.inf"
>
> System Restore core files should be reinstalled.
>
> Alternately, you may also open Windows Explorer, navigate to
> "C:\Windows\Inf" folder and right-click sr.inf (choose Install)
>
> Added info:
>
> For Pro: GPEDIT.MSC can be used to disable/enable System Restore.
> Disabling
> it causes the tab to vanish from System Properties.
>
> Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, System Restore.
> The option is turn off System Restore, and it should be Disabled or Not
> Configured.
>
> For Home: Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore
> Value name: DisableSR. Value of 1 turns it off, 0 or deleting it turns
> it
> on.
>
> Or run this regfile:
>
> Restore/Enable System Restore (Line 278)

tmbernt

kelly

You are most welcome. Thanks for the feedback. :eek:)