Dell Latitude D630

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiputytto

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
I know this laptop is pretty old but what I'm wondering if it could run a few games like WOW. The specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5Ghz
8GB Ram
Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M (equivalent to GeForce 8400M GT)

Now I'm not expecting it to run on ultra settings with 60+ FPS where ever I go but I would like to know if it would run on default settings with decent FPS. I've been looking this up for a couple days now and the only straight answers I can get are from '07 or '08 with the most recent being last year and even then it wasn't that forward with if it could or not. I've tried comparing it to my friends' laptops which run WOW on ultra with no problem but I can't seem to find anything. If I could get a quick answer on this that would be great.

Solution
I reckon you could run it full screen on low to medium settings. The reason being a colleague of mine at work installed the SIMS 3 on a Dell precision which was a Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, 2Gb RAM and Nvidia Quadro, although it was only running XP. However I saw it in game and although it wasn't completely smooth on medium settings but was perfectly playable. Hope this helps.
The Latitude is a business class laptop, and the nVidia Quadro is a business class integrated GPU designed for enhancing GPU accelerated software so it will be hard to do gaming on it even on medium settings.
Your friends might have a mid range mobile gaming GPUs such as HD 4670 or HD 5670 which achieve a better performance than the Quadro.

Anyway you can give it a try, download the game and see how it runs @ low settings.

kiputytto

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Thanks a ton. The only problem is I was planning on buying it from someone so I'm still on the fence on whether I will or not. But thanks for the quick reply I appreciate it.

cirdecus

Distinguished
The Quadro graphics won't work well with games. It will be little better than on-board video.

It's possible that you could shoot down the graphics to the lowest settings and run it in windowed mode, but it won't be pretty.

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
I reckon you could run it full screen on low to medium settings. The reason being a colleague of mine at work installed the SIMS 3 on a Dell precision which was a Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, 2Gb RAM and Nvidia Quadro, although it was only running XP. However I saw it in game and although it wasn't completely smooth on medium settings but was perfectly playable. Hope this helps.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.