Sign in with
Your question

Computer

Last response: in Systems
January 31, 2012 10:46:23 PM

Hi everyone! I'd like to build a new computer. I have a budget of $250. I have a monitor, case, keyboard, mouse, and software (Windows 7). I need the computer to be able to handle basic things like email, Microsoft Office, and Internet. I'd also like it to be able to use iTunes. And if I could, I'd like to play some games on it, but not many. This is just additional. I'd give it up if it meant that it wouldn't do as well as something else or my budget won't allow it. Thanks!

More about : computer

a c 78 B Homebuilt system
February 1, 2012 1:11:44 AM

Is this the same as the other thread where you asked for us to help you make an Ubuntu computer for $200 - $220? Or do you want to build 2 computers?

To be honest, for budgets this low we almost always suggest for people to buy a pre-build DELL or something.

It is very hard to build a computer with quality parts for only $250. OEM PC makers like DELL can do it so much better than we can. They get their parts at 50% off and add a small markup and the balance is that on the high end we can do it better and on the low end they can do it better.
February 1, 2012 1:18:54 AM

2 computers. Is there any way at all that I can do this?
Related resources
a c 78 B Homebuilt system
February 1, 2012 1:56:46 AM

You should be able to get computers for that cheap from OEM makers, especially if you are willing to take used stuff coming off leases.

If not, you should be able to use even something with an Atom processor to at least just get on the internet and check email. You can make computers with those for under $250 each if you really have to go that route.

As long as you aren't looking for something super awesome and you are willing to take kinda lower performance stuff you should be able to do what you want.
!