xp sp2 volume bug !

In windows media player 9 (or zoomplayer, bsplayer etc.), if the volume is
turned down any in the player, when you move the progress slider, it makes
the volume come out at maximum unless you touch the volume slider again.

Example, I have something turned down to 50. If I skip forward or something,
it plays the volume at 100. Rather annoying

anyone else experiencing this?
was not like this prior to installing sp2
2 answers Last reply
More about volume

    Morten S wrote:
    > In windows media player 9 (or zoomplayer, bsplayer etc.), if the
    > volume is turned down any in the player, when you move the progress
    > slider, it makes the volume come out at maximum unless you touch the
    > volume slider again.
    > Example, I have something turned down to 50. If I skip forward or
    > something, it plays the volume at 100. Rather annoying
    >
    > anyone else experiencing this?
    > was not like this prior to installing sp2

    Morten

    If this behavior is common across three different players, it could be a
    number of things.

    First, the most obvious would be sound card drivers. One of the
    prerequisites to installing any new OS or major service pack is to check for
    updated hardware drivers.

    Second, it could be the result of a bad SP2 installation. If you had any
    anti-virus or other programs running during the upgrade, this can cause
    problrms for the installation program when it tries to replace files that
    might be in use.

    Third, it could be a legitimate bug in SP2. You might want to post back to
    this thread exactly what you find when troubleshooting this behavior.

    What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx

    Get the Latest Updates and Information from Your PC Manufacturer Before
    Installing Windows XP Service Pack 2
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/oemlinks.mspx

    Programs that may behave differently in Windows XP Service Pack 2
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=884130

    If running Office 2003 make sure you have the latest Service Pack
    http://office.microsoft.com/home/default.aspx

    Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2chngs.mspx

    Windows XP Service Pack 2 Support Center
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;windowsxpsp2

    Free Technical Support for SP2
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;Prodoffer80&sd=GN
    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    i installed the latest audio driver ( thought I had it already)
    works as it should now!

Configuration Customization Windows XP Microsoft Bug Media Player