Cutting out a spot for my cpu fan on mobo tray? hmm

i have a cooler master hyper n 520 cpu fan, and as you know there a pain to install and uninstall. i have a ultra m998 case with a metal slide out mobo tray. theres no cpu fan cut out on the tray but im planning on making one myself and cutting out a hole. do you think it will make the motherboard tray to weak? it would make things ALOT easier having a cutout on the tray can someone elaborate if they think it would be a bad thing to do
5 answers Last reply
More about cutting spot mobo tray
  1. After the back plate is installed, there should be no need to access the back of the mobo again, unless you have a reason of some kind.
  2. Nope, I see no issue with a suitable sized square, angle grinder or dremel, warm it up man :)
    Moto
  3. Motopsychojdn said:
    Nope, I see no issue with a suitable sized square, angle grinder or dremel, warm it up man :)
    Moto

im deffintley going to make a cut out now, such a huge pain in the a&$ having to take the entire computer apart to reinstall thermal paste or swap cpus !
  4. radeoniscool said:
    im deffintley going to make a cut out now, such a huge pain in the a&$ having to take the entire computer apart to reinstall thermal paste or swap cpus !

Just had a look at how the N 520 installs and I see your point now. That's very inconvenient. It SHOULD be like the 212+/Evo and allow you to take the HSF off without taking the back plate off.
  5. Even on my crazyass W/c rig, I made sure I could swap cpu's out without having to strip the whole Pc down hehe, I would cut a hole in a mobo tray without blinking
    Moto
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooler Master