Is this graphic in game from my monitor?

JohnD212

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
Hi,

I'm currently playing Lord of the Rings Online and while playing today I noticed a weird blocky display around in game items...like buildings, trees and some objects. It seems to be items that are giving off a glow or lighting. I'm trying to decide if this is a setting on my video card, the game..possibly an issue with my monitor...or just the way it is. I have an extra monitor I'm trying to decide if I want to switch to but it also displays this in game.

I took a screenshot ... Not sure how easy it is to see but the different shades of gray...against the dark background...are obvious around the trees etc... I'm sure it's a lighting setting but I can't seem to figure out what is it...the blocks seem to move and dance around as I move around in game.

Thanks for any help.

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy346/JohnD212/ScreenShot00055.jpg

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
I can not see anything odd in the picture you linked, but you can check under advanced graphics settings and see if you have bloom enabled, and to what degree.
Try lowering the bloom intensity, though I am not sure that is what you are seeing.

JohnD212

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
It's hard to see in the picture unless you can zoom in. The best I can describe it is like when you look into the sky in game and you sometimes don't see an even transition of grays...you see banding. This is like that but instead boxy shades around various brighter objects...I suspect it has something to do with the shading. I don't have bloom turned on.

Does anyone know of any graphics setting that effects the quality of color shading and blending?