Remote Desktop And Audio Out?

September 18, 2004 5:18:07 PM

Hello There, wonder if anyone can help with this one...

I am accessing a windows XP system via remote desktop. I want to be able to
allow audio to be output from the sound card installed in the remote system.
But when I log onto the remote system and launch a music player etc, the
audio is played back on the local pc. I want to be able to get the audio to
play from the cardcard/speakers of the remote computer, not my local one.
Anyone know if this can be done with a tweak or two? Strange reuest I know,
but thats how I need it to be for this specific setup.

Thanks
James

More about : remote desktop audio

September 19, 2004 5:17:36 AM

"James" <james93487@mail2me.com> wrote in message
> Hello There, wonder if anyone can help with this one...
>
> I am accessing a windows XP system via remote desktop. I want to be able
> to allow audio to be output from the sound card installed in the remote
> system. But when I log onto the remote system and launch a music player
> etc, the audio is played back on the local pc. I want to be able to get
> the audio to play from the cardcard/speakers of the remote computer, not
> my local one. Anyone know if this can be done with a tweak or two?
> Strange reuest I know, but thats how I need it to be for this specific
> setup.
>
> Thanks
> James

Just thought I would help anyone else who is wondering about the above.
There is infact an 'options' button on the box that allows you to connect to
the remote system. Within these options, is the settings for where the
audio will be sent to. Thanks to all who replied to this question in other
groups.

Best Regards... James
!