How to install hd graphics 4000

PapiLouis4

Honorable
May 6, 2012
ok i know this may seem like a dumb question, but how do i use/install the hd graphics 4000 on my i5 3570k?? do i just install the cpu then run my pc and ittl work, or do i need to do some extra steps??

thanks for helping a newb :p

Solution
as long as your motherboard supports the feature and its enabled in bios. then all you do is connect the vga/dvi lead to the motherboard and it should work straight away...
if your motherboard supports a hybrid where it turns off the dedicated card when you on the desktop or doing something that doesnt require gfx then you connect to the gfx card rather than the motherboard.

KUR0KO

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012

Do you know how to connect your monitor to the graphics card's ports?

It's the same except the ports are now on the back panel of the motherboard

as long as your motherboard supports the feature and its enabled in bios. then all you do is connect the vga/dvi lead to the motherboard and it should work straight away...
if your motherboard supports a hybrid where it turns off the dedicated card when you on the desktop or doing something that doesnt require gfx then you connect to the gfx card rather than the motherboard.

Solution
You might need to use vga initially (not dvi), i know for instance that my asus v-pro doesn't initialise the dvi in bios, but it does in windows. caused me no end of headaches (finding a vga cable being one of them).

But all the connections are on the back panel of the mobo, once cpu is fitted there is nothing else to do (including the heat sink obviously)