• Gaming
  • Monitors
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
February 1, 2012 4:27:47 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: 1-2 months

Budget Range: $500-$600

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies

Parts Not Required: Speakers (maybe monitor)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com

Parts Preferences: None

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: ?

Additional Comments: This will be my first possible build I'm just curious if I could build something for the same price as this that will preform better.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I could really use advice I know very little if you couldn't tell.

Also I forgot but the reason I said "maybe monitor" on parts not required is because I could use the one I have now which is an HP vs17e but I have no idea if it's a good one or what.

More about : 500 600 gaming build

February 1, 2012 4:47:27 AM

You will need a new monitor for a better experience, but not with that budget.

Check the $600 build in my sig.
February 1, 2012 4:51:31 AM

Yeah I saw your site earlier today but my only concern was shipping? Because I'm really trying not to go to far over $600. Also would that build perform better than the Cyber Power? (Damn do I feel like a noob)

Related resources
February 1, 2012 4:52:25 AM

I am also worried about my inexperience with building PCs.
February 1, 2012 7:12:15 AM

Get the $500 build with a Core i3 2100. With shipping it should stay under $600 (most of the stuff have free shipping anyway). There is a 1+ hour video on my blog (from Newegg, not mine) on how to build the PC yourself.

To get the same performance from a prebuilt PC expect to pay ~$200 more.
February 2, 2012 9:02:56 PM

Well thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately the person who had the money (my mom) decided to order the CyberPower. It doesn't seem too bad I've seen some test on games and it ran good enough for me.

One thing people mentioned the most was that the stock PSU sucks so I'm wondering if I could get a better one to replace it should I get any problems or should I wish to upgrade the graphics card.

Any suggestions as to a good PSU to replace the default one? Maybe the one from your build?
February 3, 2012 12:23:03 AM

Thanks I have no clue what brand PSU comes with the PC I bought. Well I zoomed in on the PSU in the pics and it said "TURBO LINK SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY" "ATX-TL500W-BK"?

But I have warranty should it decide to die/blow up. lol

If that happens I will get a replacement and definitely get a better PSU.
February 3, 2012 1:35:23 AM

If its a tier 5-yes it will be a time bomb
tier 4-maybe
tier3-no
tier2-good quality
tier1-the best
February 3, 2012 2:11:50 AM

It's not on the list and I found someone who did a full review every aspect and they had never heard of the PSU previous to the review.
February 3, 2012 2:19:56 AM

turbolink is a "Apevia" battery
...tier 5