Intel Powered F1 is too powerfull

Dudeson

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
Dam it! u beat me to it lol. i was to busy thinking off a catchy title to blow off the INTEL FAN BOYS! oh well, it was pretty darn spectacular eh. all that and only a broken leg. U gotta love it when a race car crashes like that and everything just goes kablooee with $h!t flying everywhere. Would have been funnier if we saw AMD's car scream past...

MagicWok

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2007
That was actually a very very nasty crash, and he was extremely luck to get away with only a broken leg.

He smashed into a concrete barrier around 190mph, and didn't move in his cockpit for around 10 mins or so. He looked so lifeless it was a bit disturbing :?

Flewis

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005
Turns out he didnt break his leg, only suffered from concussion and a sprained ankle. He might even race next week if hes lucky. His name was Robert Kubica btw.

samael

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2007
That was not funny dude ... you do realize that there is a man in there now who could be seriously injured???

Dudeson

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
if it were a p4 presscott amd's car woulda lapped it several times already. in all seriousness it was a horendous crash and could have been fatal but the point is that he was not seriously hurt and it looked spectacular so that gives us reason 2 see the sunny, funny side of it.

MagicWok

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2007
I do know that - the crash was a horrible way to demonstrate yet again that the cockpit remained almost intact which is a terrific engineering achievement.

But if you watch the crash again, he IS lucky not to hit the stationary car, not to hit any other cars as he shoots across the track and damned lucky to to land on his head when the car is doing flips.

It is down to engineering to keep him as safe as possible, and despit what you say, down to luck to avoid the worse possible accident.

leo2kp

Distinguished
if it were a p4 presscott amd's car woulda lapped it several times already. in all seriousness it was a horendous crash and could have been fatal but the point is that he was not seriously hurt and it looked spectacular so that gives us reason 2 see the sunny, funny side of it.

Yeah it's good that he's ok. I wouldn't be saying that if he weren't.

However I will say one thing: we can't tell from that photo weather or not the AMD car lapped him. So I technically could still be right! 8O

plankmeister

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
At first glance it looks like that's the visor on his helmet.... facing the WRONG WAY! Looks like his head's on backwards, or it was a REALLY bad crash... But oh no... it's just some artwork :)

Yeah, I would say "luckily" he walked away from this with no serious injuries... But there was no luck about it. These cars are designed to keep the driver alive and unharmed, and they do a magnificent job. The designers of these cars really are life-savers.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

05-1.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Edit: Inserted frame of what I think is the AMD/Shell/Marlboro Ferrari just missing the Intel crash. (Would the boys in the Pits have a row?)

:lol:

realzeus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007
As I am a huge F1 fan, I was watching the race live and was horriffied by that sickening crash. Fortunately, Robert Kubica is fine, he didn't even break his leg after all! Just a sprained right ankle and a mild concussion. I'm just gutted because Ferrari got trounced again. :cry:

stagepuppy

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
...just for the AMD fanboys, the Ferrari F2007 just in front of him in one of the first frames IS sponsored by AMD -- you can see only the top of the logo on the rear wing endplate, partially blocked by the left rear wheel.

Yes, it was a pretty scary crash and it was hard to tell what happened to cause it.

realzeus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007
...just for the AMD fanboys, the Ferrari F2007 just in front of him in one of the first frames IS sponsored by AMD -- you can see only the top of the logo on the rear wing endplate, partially blocked by the left rear wheel.

Yes, it was a pretty scary crash and it was hard to tell what happened to cause it.

Kubica clipped the tail end of Jarno Truly's Toyota attempting an overtaking move on the outside of that sweeping left curve preceeding the right turn. He was then vaulted off the track, where he fist collected the stationary Spyker of Sutil and then hit the concrete wall with immense force. The rest is history. The amazing thing is that the Pole remembered the whole thing afterwards!

Yes, AMD is one of Ferrari's sponsors and has been for several years now. Do you reckon that's why Ferrari is not doing well recently? I knew there was a good reason I hated AMD, I just couln't pinpoint it...

A despondent Ferrari fanatic.

realzeus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007

Kubica clipped the tail end of Jarno Truly's Toyota attempting an overtaking move on the outside of that sweeping left curve preceeding the right turn. He was then vaulted off the track, where he fist collected the stationary Spyker of Sutil and then hit the concrete wall with immense force. The rest is history. The amazing thing is that the Pole remembered the whole thing afterwards!

Yes, AMD is one of Ferrari's sponsors and has been for several years now. Do you reckon that's why Ferrari is not doing well recently? I knew there was a good reason I hated AMD, I just couln't pinpoint it...

A despondent Ferrari fanatic.

Ycon

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Intel wins races (Mercedes and err... actually everyone uses Intel)
AMD is trailing behind (Ferrari)

Needless to say more?