Athlon 64 x 2
4Gb RAM
Win7 Pro 64bit
Nvidia Geforce 7600GT (Fan cooled)
Nvidia Geforce 7600GT (Silent)
Sli connector firmly in place
Latest Nvidia drivers installed

No setting that I can see in the BIOS

Problem so far, only one shown in Device Manager and no setting to be seen in Nvidia Control Panel to enable Sli
Don't really want to revert to XP just to get the extra card working! Could the difference between the two cards' cooling be a stumbling block?
Suggestions welcome.

More about : sli setup

a b U Graphics card
December 2, 2011 5:00:31 PM

That'll teach me to read the manual, 'sli not supported XP 64bit' so not much wonder it won't work with win 7 64bit. Anyone want a silent 7600GT?
a c 88 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 2, 2011 5:05:36 PM

It should work with Win 7 64bit!
Try the silent in the pc separately first to see if it works
a b U Graphics card
December 2, 2011 5:49:47 PM

monsta said:
It should work with Win 7 64bit!
Try the silent in the pc separately first to see if it works

Great minds think alike! Anyway, I tried the monitor plugged into the 'exposed' HDMI socket, (the other had a plastic cover). Nothing. Blank screen. Decided it was dead, (Got it on Ebay for very little),but just on a whim, plugged the monitor into the other HDMI slot. Bingo! Basic display, took a while to load a driver,reset, checked Nvidia Control panel and all apparently ok. Sli enabled, now, how do I check its working? I half expected the video RAM to double up fron 256Mb to 512, but not so. Other niggle, why did it have to have a monitor attached before it was found? I'm only doing this as I'm upgrading to a new machine with an SSD as main Drive, and thought the machine would be easier to sell with two cards installed....
!