Flashing mobo problems

Perfectjake

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
My PC is getting BSoD and I was suggested by the place where i bought it to flash the motherboard

mother board i have is an MSI z68ma-G45 (B3)
Anyway I made a bootable disk using nero 7 ultimate with the files on.
booting from disc on my pc and it says
nero boot loader v6.0
remove disks or other media.
press any key to restart

when i press any key it restarts and tries to boot the system where it goes on to crash/BSoD

When you copied the files on the disk, did you set it to deconstruct the image file and write the contents onto the disk

OR

Does the CD just have the image file on it directly?

Put the CD in whichever computer you are using now and tell me what files are on it if it isn't apparent.

price_th

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
The dopes where you bought the PC are clueless. You have a hardware problem that is unlikely to be fixed by just flashing the bios. More likely is a problem with RAM or Harddrive.

Did you you the ISO formate to put the Iso on your CD. You can not just copy an iso like you would a data file.

For ram, you said was OK, I assume you ran memtest86 from a bootable CD to check - correct??

Never flash bios unless you have run memtest86 to verify ram. A memory error can just as easily toast your BIOS as pulling the plug in the midle of the flash.

Perfectjake

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011

There is no iso file to mount, the files downloaded as a zip then i extracted them as and there were 2 files afude28.exe and e7676ims.h40

These two files cannot create a bootable CD in this form.

A bootable CD needs to have stuff like Autorun.inf included or similar files.

It sounds like your files you downloaded need to be deconstructed.

I don't know where you got these files or anything like that, but if you trust the site where you downloaded them, I would run the afude28 exe and see what happens.

My guess is if you do then it will create a directory with a the right files in it and afterwards you would take all those files and copy to the CD instead (not the directory itself).

- Edit - It is possible that the exe file is a file that updates the BIOS from within Windows without having to restart and go into the BIOS manually. Some motherboard makers provide these sorts of files to do their updates, although in my experience it is a small minority.

Perfectjake

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011

i wouldnt be able to do that as my PC is dead, can't access the OS at all.

Anyway i just borrowed a USB stick of my flat mate and flashed the motherboard, still didn't fix my issue. :/

start by sticking in your windows installation disk and selecting repair.

If that fixes it (can boot to windows) then start looking at what is causing your BSODs.

If that does not work, You will probably need to re-install windows.

DID YOU RUN MEMTEST 86!!!

Perfectjake

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Yes i have done a memtest on both sticks of ram individually and together all tests passed. also i can't reinstal windows it BSoD/ insta restarts when i boot from disc and when i start with the OS hard drive removed and replaced with a clean one, then i boot from disc it says windows is loading files and BSoD.

The signs seem to point to it being a motherboard issue