AMD Phenom II X4 925 ?

RickFW

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
I am about to buy a used gaming pc from someone and would like to know if its a good deal. I will be using it to play Battlefield 3 and maybe other demanding games.

Another question about the system is about their processor. They told me it runs at 3.3 GHz but when I looked it up on AMD's website it says 2.8GHz. He told me he has a MSI gaming motherboard with a processor accelerator on it and CPU-Z that shows and monitors the GHz freq .

- AMD Phenom II X4 925 (3.3GHz ? 2.8 GHZ ?) - Water cooled
- MSI Motherboard
- 4 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz RAM
- Radeon HD 6970 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card
- 1 TB Hard drive
- Thermaltake case with 5X 120mm blue led fans
- Windows 7

I know the video card is great but I just need to know about the processor and if you think this system will perform well with Battlefield 3? Thanks for any help with the decision.

Crush3d

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
CPU: $95
Motherboard: $50+
Memory: $28
GPU: ~$330
HD: $130
Case: ~$60+
Windows: $100

= ~$793 using the lower end of most of the pieces.. motherboard, case, specific of HD etc could drive that up.

I assume the CPU is overclocked to get to 3.3GHz as I could not find a 925 on newegg only than the 2.8

Even water cooled thats a bit high. As you can see above you could put together your own new machine for almost the same money.

Used PCs don't bring much, this guy is trying to get over on you. For used he should be charging about $500 or less.

blik

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013

Don't listen to this nut job. At the time, $700 was well below both the retail and component price. It probably still is because of the card as well. Plus people aren't including the price for the water cooler (i.e., heat sink) which is probably ~100+. :pt1cable: lolzor 500 or less lolzor :pt1cable: What planet do you live on? The only thing I would be concerned about is stress testing the unit, making sure all the components work, don't overheat. I have a similar rig. Literally almost identical, except I run a 460gtx and gaming is no problem.