New video card installation

jaijai2551

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Hello,
i have a pegatron m2n78-la system board, and purchased a new asus ati radeon hd5850 igb gddrs pcie video to replace on board video.
tried several suggestion to install non worked.
did the following disabled on board video, installed new antec 900 watt power supply.
looked in bios to try changing to pci (not available)
will this card work with the system board.
also system is running windows 7 64 bit
8 meg ram, 2 teribyte hard drives..

system runs fine with onboard video.

can anyone help me.

Helltech

Distinguished
When you say it doesn't work, what doesn't work? The computer doesn't turn on at all? It doesn't post? You have no display?

Make sure the card is seated correctly and you have all the necessary power cables plugged into the card from the power supply.

jaijai2551

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011

the system works fine i cannot get display to work when attached to this card

krewe555

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
I don't know if this is your issue, but I'll share my experience. I was installing a new card on a older Dell mobo, that had onboard VGA, my new card was DVI-D. I had windows 64 bit and windows kept doing an automatic driver install. The automatic driver install didn't really work, and all my computer recognized was the "VGA display adapter"

To make a long story short, I didn't immediately install from the ATI disk. First I let Windows Update search for updates for my card. Windows update downloaded and installed software, and my display said "AMD radeon 6670". However my windows experience rating for graphics was still 1.0. So on top of what windows installed, I also ran the driver from the disk. That finally seemed to do the trick.

I am currently running skyrim on high and battlefield 3 on low with a five year old dell desktop. :)

jaijai2551

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011

my problem is the video card is NOT recognized at all, if i terminate the on board with the asus ati radeon 5850 installed
i get no vedio at all..
so when i remove the card the system comes back up and works fine.
the board is new, the power supply is new, and the card is new...
the screen is completely blank (except for the cursor blinking.
it never gives me the option to install any drivers, or never comes up to where it can pickup drivers from the internet, or
me using the included disk to install the drivers.
i think i will send it back for a refund i am very fimiliar with hardware installations and have never had this kind of a problem
with installing something as simple as a video installation..
i think that there is an imcompatibality with the card and the system board or the card is bad