What's the best sound card for $100?

I'm building a computer that will be used for general internet browsing and watching movies (mainly streaming.)
6 answers Last reply
More about what sound card
  1. what speakers will you be using?
  2. There is currently a gap between about $70 [ASUS Xonar DX] and $120 [ASUS Xonar D2(X) and Auzentech Meridian 2G], though you can sometimes find an ASUS Xonar D2(X) for about $100 or so. For most people, the DX is more then sufficient to meet your soundcard needs.

Note though, if using [or plan to use] high impedance headphones [<150 Ohms], the ASUS Xonar DG may be a better bet.
  3. ct1615 said:
    what speakers will you be using?

I don't know yet. Guess I should ask that as well. Any suggestions; what if I went with that ASUS Xonar DX? What speakers would go with it?
  4. if you are just going to use some $50-100 pair of speakers then you really don't need a sound card.
  5. There are SOME good options in that range; as long as they aren't $10 pieces of junk, the DX should offer some quality increase.
  6. gamerk316 said:
    There are SOME good options in that range; as long as they aren't $10 pieces of junk, the DX should offer some quality increase.

I was thinking of getting something like Logitech Speaker System Z523. Do you think I don't need to buy a sound card then?
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Streaming Movies Computers Internet Components