My First Ever Gaming System. Just ordered the Components. RATE IT!

reclaiimer

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
Just ordered the Following Components:

Case: NZXT Phantom 410

Hard Drive: Seagate 1TB 3.5" Barracuda SATA-III 6Gb/s Hard Drive - 7200RPM 32MB Cache

Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD 6950

Power Supply: Corsair TX 750W V2 PSU - 80plus Bronze Certified

Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache

Motherboard: AsRock z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3

RAM: 2 x G-Skill 4GBXL Ripjaws X for Intel Sandybridge Platforms DDR3 PC12800 1600MHz 4GB Kit

DVD/RW: LiteOn IHAS124-19 24x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black)

Made any poor choices?

the_creed4

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
Pretty solid, even though I think the i5 is a bit expensive for my taste, its definatly worth it, you probably should of bought a 650w it probable would have saved you a little bit of cash, il almost guarantee you can run everything on ultra with that card.

reclaiimer

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
Can someone explain what an ssd does and is a cooler really necessary for OCing? Will the fans with the case not be enuf?

g-unit1111

Titan

The simplest terms I can explain it - an SSD is a hard drive with no moving parts which drastically increases its' read-write times over a traditional mechanical drive. It will give your system a significant performance boost. The way I'd describe how it works is a bit like a flash memory reader, but that's about as simple as I can get. :lol:

As far as the fan goes that's where it gets a bit tricky. Every system is different and will give you different results. The reason I recommend aftermarket fans over the stock fan that's included is that the aftermarket fans are on raised heat sinks which filter the hot air out of the case and keep the cool air recirculating. I'd suggest reading this about air cooling: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooling-airflow-heatsink,3053.html

avieor

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Y U NO GET CPU COOLER? I would of waited a bit for the price of the 7950 to drop a bit and then picked that up.

TheApocalypse

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
That is a nice set up overall and leaves you some room to expand. Might want to consider an ssd for a future upgrade down the line. Other than that seems like you are pretty much set. Good job ! :)

a4mula

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Nice setup, though I do agree a SSD and HSF would have been nice additions. Overall though if you've never used a SSD you really just won't know what you're missing so not a big deal. At any point down the road you can always add a Cache SSD that will not require you to reinstall anything, just plug-in and go. The same is true of the HSF, it can be added at any point.

Nice setup, enjoy.

reclaiimer

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
Jsc i did ask beforehand im just picking up on some other comments from other users. Im the kind of guy that walks out of an exam who asks the other students what they answered with the risk of finding out i did shite.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished

True, it would have saved a little cash, but it would also have been useless if you wanted to add a second card.

500w is recommended for a single GTX 560Ti - THIS would be a good money saving choice
or
750w is recommended for SLI GTX 560Ti - THIS is what the OP bought and made a solid choice :)

Good over-all system :) Similar to my own in fact :) Hope you enjoy it! :sol: