Folder picture mysteriously changes in thumbnail view

Status
Not open for further replies.

THUMPer

When a view folders in the Thumbnail view, sometimes the folder
picture will be set to some random photo somewhere else on my hard
drive.

I know how to set a photo to appear in the folder box in Thumbnail
view, but I have not done so for the folders in question!

Any idea why this could be happening?

Thumper,

Try resetting the folder settings:

Open My Computer, select Folder Options in the Tools menu
In the View tab, click Reset all Folders
Click OK and close the dialog

Then, delete the thumbs.db file present in that folder:
http://www.winxptutor.com/folderthumbs.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"Thumper" <ThumperStrauss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
When a view folders in the Thumbnail view, sometimes the folder
picture will be set to some random photo somewhere else on my hard
drive.

I know how to set a photo to appear in the folder box in Thumbnail
view, but I have not done so for the folders in question!

Any idea why this could be happening?

Hi David :)

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"David Candy" <david@mvps.org> wrote in message
To make all folder views the same

1.. Open a folder and select a folder view.
For help with selecting a folder view, see Change how you view items in a
folder.

2.. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
3.. On the View tab, click Apply to All Folders.
Note

a.. To reset all folders to the settings that were in effect when Windows
XP was installed, click Reset All Folders.

http://www.uscricket.com
"Thumper" <ThumperStrauss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When a view folders in the Thumbnail view, sometimes the folder
> picture will be set to some random photo somewhere else on my hard
> drive.
>
> I know how to set a photo to appear in the folder box in Thumbnail
> view, but I have not done so for the folders in question!
>
> Any idea why this could be happening?

You need to FIX the TV rights. NOW. ;)

http://www.uscricket.com
"Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message news:uP71FWanEHA.2612@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hi David :)
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>

> "David Candy" <david@mvps.org> wrote in message
> To make all folder views the same
>
> 1.. Open a folder and select a folder view.
> For help with selecting a folder view, see Change how you view items in a
> folder.
>
> 2.. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
> 3.. On the View tab, click Apply to All Folders.
> Note
>
> a.. To reset all folders to the settings that were in effect when Windows
> XP was installed, click Reset All Folders.

> http://www.uscricket.com
> "Thumper" <ThumperStrauss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > When a view folders in the Thumbnail view, sometimes the folder
> > picture will be set to some random photo somewhere else on my hard
> > drive.
> >
> > I know how to set a photo to appear in the folder box in Thumbnail
> > view, but I have not done so for the folders in question!
> >
> > Any idea why this could be happening?

THUMPer

Thanks for the replies. I will reset the folder as you suggest. But
does anyone know why my XP decided to randomly pick photos from other
folders to apply to other folders? That part is still a mystery to
me...

- Thumper

Thumper,

This may be due to cross-linked, or perhaps a corruption of the folder
settings (bag values in the registry). For more information on folder view
settings:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&selm=eDI9AAnfEHA.720%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl

--

Thanks for the replies. I will reset the folder as you suggest. But
does anyone know why my XP decided to randomly pick photos from other
folders to apply to other folders? That part is still a mystery to
me...

- Thumper

Status
Not open for further replies.