More about : gaming mouse

a b 4 Gaming
May 16, 2012 9:24:36 PM

razer deathadder black edition, rat 3, or corsair vengence m60
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 16, 2012 9:56:14 PM

I heard that something called Savu was the best gaming mouse.
m
l
Related resources
May 16, 2012 10:13:26 PM

have a look at the CM storm range
m
l

Best solution

May 16, 2012 10:59:05 PM

omg so much fail.

1) RAT has horrid drivers, prediction on the sensor, is expensive and generall speaking it's crap.
2) CM storm mice have prediction, are expensive, and the quality of the sensor is average. also the laser models are horrid.

the mouse of the moment is probably the G9x, used by most eSport pros. it's great, but me i'm not a fan of the interchangable body; the logitech 400 and 500 series are your best bet if you want a all-round good mouse.

Razer makes some good and some bad mice; the new Deathadders are great, but the body is slightly bulky.

the Abyssus (same sensor as the DA) is cheap, ultralight, minimal lift distance, great cord, decent drivers, but has horrid build quality - guaranteed to break within six months or so (ofc there's the warranty ...)

Steelseries make a nice range of mice, all of them could be considered "pro", and some professionals use them. they tend to be expensive. The Kinzu or the Xai are the ones you want.

Microsoft's own (yes... microsoft) WMO 1.1a is a classic used by many, many quake and CS players; very light, great sensor, perfect body shape. yet you will have to use hacked drivers to overclock the port to 500hz, and some editions of W7 have a hard time using non-signed drivers.. they are extremely cheap, tho ... like £11 ..
Also the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 is pretty good.

A4Tech makes a great number of mice, most of which are excellent for the money, yet they have weird body shapes and *some* have prediction.

Zowie has some nice mice , good body shape and good sensor, yet expensive and minimalistic build. (never tried one myself)

Roccat has the Kova which has a good body shape for palm grips and its got a good sensor, its expensive and a bt flashy, but alltogether a good mouse.

at the end of the day, there's the usual five-six choices. Deathadder (my mouse, i dont really like it), Abyssus (cheap and perfect), G400/G500 (just a mouse, but flawless build), G9x (the top), or IE3.0/WMO.
May 18, 2012 1:54:17 PM

Best answer selected by AlbinoKid.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 18, 2012 3:26:09 PM

well i have a rat 7 and it has no prediction then again its the contagion which has the better sensor... yeah it want cheap and the fist 1 was faulty. but the 1 i have now is flawless. its very very accurate and its ability to match your screen ration is great... for this reason alone it should be considered. you need a mouse that will track properly across your screen. so getting 1 that can be configured your screen aspect ratio is essential for fps accuracy... the g9x is a good mouse but has 1 major flaw... a huge liftoff distance of between 1.5cm and 2cm which is unacceptable in my book.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 19, 2012 11:31:28 AM

oh i forgot to add. that all mice have prediction if they didnt then they would be unusable.. its the amount of prediction that makes it good or bad for gaming... a 125ms mouse will have much more prediction than a 1000ms mouse.
prediction actually smooths out the line between each dot that the mouse reads.
so a mouse with 125ms has a much bigger gap between reads. so a mouse with 125ms and 800dpi can have 12 times more prediction than a 1000ms 1600dpi mouse... just because the gaps between the reeds are so much smaller... this will have the effect of straight lining a curve while the higher dip/poll rate will help smooth the curve...

to tell how good your mouse is. open paint and scribble a circle and the more flattend and angular the edge the more prediction the mouse has... end result the less accurate it will be for fps games and the likes.

so although your best answer does recommend some decent mice, he is actually confused as to why there better.
m
l
!