Help with CSD/GSM over Cingular's "Wireless Internet"

I have a Samsung SGH-P107 connected to my laptop with a data cable. I also
have Cingular's Wireless Internet for $3.99. I can connect to my dial-up
ISP with no problems since Wireless Internet was added.

I'm trying to do fax over GSM, with several different software packages:
Microsoft Fax, Fax machine, 32bit Fax, etc. The software dials, then it
will connect to a fax machine, but then it will not send the fax, and the
fax software times out.

What do my settings need to be on my fax software as well as my phone to get
fax to work?

My phone has these options:

Security: 1. Secure 2. Non-secure
IP Address:
Bearer: 1. GPRS 2. Data
Log-in Name:
Password:
Dial-up Number:
Data Call type: 1. Analog 2. ISDN
or APN(depending on if GPRS or Data is chosen in Bearer):

Fax software settings to choose from:

Modem init string:
Class 1 or Class 2:
Flow Control: Rts/Cts or Xon/Xoff

Any help is greatly appreciated, and please post to the group as I do not
have e-mail set up.

Thanks,
James
1 answer Last reply
More about help cingular wireless internet

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.gsm - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <5HEyd.7615$lm.592@bignews1.bellsouth.net> on Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:10:00
    -0500, "ja" <__jame_sayton@bellsouth.net> wrote:

    >I have a Samsung SGH-P107 connected to my laptop with a data cable. I also
    >have Cingular's Wireless Internet for $3.99. I can connect to my dial-up
    >ISP with no problems since Wireless Internet was added.
    >
    >I'm trying to do fax over GSM, ...

    See <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/tech/cingular/fax.htm>

GSM Fax Wireless Internet Software