Changing program startup order

Since installing XP SP2, I noticed my firewall
(ZoneAlarm) is the very last program to start on bootup.
This means it leaves my computer vulnerable for 30
seconds or so. ZoneAlarm used to start immediately on
bootup. Is there a way to change the program start order
in XP (Home edition)?

Boyd,

Firewall applications usually run as Services and also provide an user
interface which is visible after you logon to the account. That means, your
system should be well protected even before you logon. I used Zone Alarm,
and now EZ-Trust suite (powered by ZA) and it runs as "True Vector" service.
Click Start, Run and type Services.msc to view the TrueVector service state
(started, or stopped)

<quote> from EZ-trust Suite Help file.
By default, EZ Firewall always asks you whether to block or to allow
connection attempts and server access attempts for the Internet and Trusted
Zones. In addition, If the TrueVector Service is running, but EZ Firewall is
not, program access is denied by default.

</quote>

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k