Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Not recognized by Windows

Last response: in Components
May 17, 2012 2:38:47 AM

I recently brought the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD for a new built. However, Windows 7 would not recognize it at all. After installing the drivers from the disc it would say that there aren't any supported devices detected.
May 17, 2012 1:15:03 PM

Don't bother with the driver on the disk, as its old.

Actually, don't bother with the official Creative driver; use either the Daniel_K or PAX driver pack instead.
m
l
May 17, 2012 9:37:59 PM

Even after installing PAX drivers, my computer doesn't recognize my sound card.
m
l
Related resources
May 17, 2012 10:16:29 PM

AzureLightPKK said:
Even after installing PAX drivers, my computer doesn't recognize my sound card.

I know for a fact that both the PAX drivers and Dainel_K drivers recognize ALL X-Fi cards, so it SHOULD be working. Hell, they both even recognize my oddball PCI OEM XtremeGamer (which the official creative drivers don't because they never officially supported it. It was a a Dell/Alienware thing).

Did you get the right pack (the PCIe Pack, since I'm assuming the card is PCIe)? There's a PCI and PCIe version for both the PAX and Daniel_K drivers.
m
l
May 17, 2012 11:21:58 PM

Yes I'm sure that I installed the right pack.

The drivers can help me detect the sound cards? Even if windows doesn't detect the card at all?
m
l
May 17, 2012 11:24:30 PM

AzureLightPKK said:
Yes I'm sure that I installed the right pack.

The drivers can help me detect the sound cards? Even if windows doesn't detect the card at all?

They should detect the card right away, yeah. But then so should Windows (should at least detect it as a generic sound device).
m
l
May 17, 2012 11:39:33 PM

Is it showing up as just an unrecognized device? If it is, try this. Try to install the drivers from Device Manager. When it asks you which folder to select the drivers from, choose the Drivers folder in the PAX folder (make sure that it searches all sub folders too). That should absolutely do it.
m
l
May 18, 2012 12:58:22 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
They should detect the card right away, yeah. But then so should Windows (should at least detect it as a generic sound device).

According to Device Manager, there aren't any devices without drivers or with the yellow caution sign. Under "Sound, video, and game controllers" I have AMD High Definition Audio Device, Bluetooth Audio Device and Realtek.
m
l
May 18, 2012 1:15:15 AM

AzureLightPKK said:
According to Device Manager, there aren't any devices without drivers or with the yellow caution sign. Under "Sound, video, and game controllers" I have AMD High Definition Audio Device, Bluetooth Audio Device and Realtek.

Alright, cool. That MAY explain it. Try disabling the onboard Realtek sound in the BIOS.
m
l
May 18, 2012 2:57:28 AM

I went into BIOS and disabled the "HD Audio Controller" and Realtek disappeared off the Device Manager but there still isn't a sign of the Card.

If anything, I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly as I followed the instructions on the manual as said. I'm also certain there's at least some power going to the card because the red Opt Out port is lit up.
m
l
May 18, 2012 3:07:18 AM

AzureLightPKK said:
I went into BIOS and disabled the "HD Audio Controller" and Realtek disappeared off the Device Manager but there still isn't a sign of the Card.

Hmm, I thought for sure that would fix it. Well, I can only think of 2 more things, neither of which are good. Either the card itself is bad or the PCIe x1 slot that you put it in is.

It SHOULD have been detected even with the Realtek Audio enabled, honestly, but that was worth a try.

Can you try it in another system?
m
l
May 18, 2012 6:39:45 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Hmm, I thought for sure that would fix it. Well, I can only think of 2 more things, neither of which are good. Either the card itself is bad or the PCIe x1 slot that you put it in is.

It SHOULD have been detected even with the Realtek Audio enabled, honestly, but that was worth a try.

Can you try it in another system?

Not really I don't really have access to another setup.
m
l
May 18, 2012 6:40:57 PM

AzureLightPKK said:
Not really I don't really have access to another setup.

Did you try it in any other PCIe slots? Any will do, even an x16 slot.
m
l
May 18, 2012 6:49:58 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Did you try it in any other PCIe slots? Any will do, even an x16 slot.

Really? I didn't think it would work. It's actually in the second slot because the first slot is covered by my heatsink and fan.
m
l

Best solution

May 18, 2012 6:52:10 PM

AzureLightPKK said:
Really? I didn't think it would work. It's actually in the second slot because the first slot is covered by my heatsink and fan.

Yep, it'll work in an x16 slot. It's not exactly the best thing because it takes away the ability to use it for its intended purpose, but PCIe is PCIe.
May 19, 2012 7:50:12 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Yep, it'll work in an x16 slot. It's not exactly the best thing because it takes away the ability to use it for its intended purpose, but PCIe is PCIe.

I don't know if this is a good sign or not but after plugging it in a x16 slot but a new High Audio Device came up. However it said it is an internal audio device. Along with that came a new "digital Audio (S/PDIF) and a permanently enabled speaker in the Playback devices.
m
l
May 19, 2012 7:52:46 PM

Yeah, that sounds like you're getting somewhere. Try installing the drivers now, to see if they will.
m
l
May 19, 2012 8:00:15 PM

Yay! Thank you for all your help! It finally worked! It seems the problem might have been the PCIe slot.
m
l
May 19, 2012 8:00:28 PM

Best answer selected by AzureLightPKK.
m
l
May 19, 2012 8:02:11 PM

Awesome! Glad I could help you get it figured out! :) 
m
l
May 7, 2013 4:37:40 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:

Thanx ! solved !

I Plugged the X-FI Titanium in the x16 slot and it solved the issue !
Windows recognise and installed the device and drivers.
i'm using win7 x64 ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8P67 PRO REV 3.1 Rev 1.xx

i just wanted to send you a thanx !

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/19/1367971212-...
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/19/1367971170-...
m
l
!