Graphic card reimbursement experience

ppv

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
Dear All,

Around 3 years ago i've bought my ASUS ENGTX295 TOP for US$540 (with 3 years of warranty), however few months ago the card had some problems and i've sent back to ASUS for repairing (still under the warranty period).. However today I was told that the card overheated and they could not repair it anymore and offered me an reimbursement of US$220... and wanna gather some opinions from those who had a similiar experience of mine, since in my point of view i believe i should get a full reimbursement since it is still in the warranty... any comments?

Did you OC? If you did, there's probably nothing you can do, and you should do as med says. If you only ran it within spec, then it's their fault, and they should reimburse the full value or give you a new card of some kind. That's what warranties are for: if you use the product properly and it fails through no fault of your own, the company replaces it.

I;m not sure what to think, yeah the card is defective but from their point of view it could be a customer bought the card, overclocked it or forced it to over heat a bit before the warranty was up, thus giving them essentially free performance.

If that was understandable... just repeatedly call back and ask for replacements is what I would do, just be courteous and nice

Edit: doesn't the warranty say something about "if replacements aren't available will compensate by giving current selling price" or something like that?

and its amazing that that 2 year old card still beats the 6970 by quite a bit :)

TRENDING THREADS