lost administrator priviledges

September 18, 2004 6:29:05 PM

When I try to set defaults, download or change settings,
I keep getting a message telling me that I need to see a
system administrator. Cannot acsess my programs.
Please help!
Thanks,
Tmmann
September 18, 2004 6:41:15 PM

Then log on as the Administrator.

"tmmann" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to set defaults, download or change settings,
> I keep getting a message telling me that I need to see a
> system administrator. Cannot acsess my programs.
> Please help!
> Thanks,
> Tmmann
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 8:13:34 PM

only way I can get the administrator's acct up is to
start in safe mode. When I do that then my programs won't
work in safe mode.
tmmann
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 12:47:23 PM

"tmmann" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

Either "system restore" to a previous good configuration, or
create a new "user account" with admin rights and copy all
files/settings from the "user account" which used to have
admin rights to the new account. When you are certain that
the new account is functioning correctly, you may delete
the old account.
!