Sign in with
Your question

Need help with a 1500 Gaming rig. Newbie builder.

Last response: in Systems
February 1, 2012 11:02:33 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: Feb 2012

Budget Range: 1500 Before Rebates (Can bump it up an extra hundred if absolutely essential or a really great deal)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, streaming media, browsing, etc.

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, speakers, OS (Have windows 7 disc)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I've used Newegg and Amazon in the past, but I'll go where the best price is!

Parts Preferences: Not particularly attatched to any brand or make ( I wouldn't know which ones were quality anyway.)

Overclocking: Maybe, down the road, not a priority.

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe, down the road, not a priority.

Monitor Resolution: If it fits in the budget, then I'm flexible.

Additional Comments: Well, it doesn't need to be fancy, I'll be the only one looking at it so I don't need pretty matching colors or lights. A simple case that functions will be fine. I can't stress enough how much of a newb I am at this, so.. be gentle. Feel free to aassume I know next to nothing about builds and parts, it wont be far from the truth. I've onlt been browsing these boards for a couple days now and I've already learned a lot. And thanks to those that take the time to help me out!

Edit: Just wanted to add, that sadly, I do not live near a Micro Center. Thanks again for all the help!
a c 247 4 Gaming
February 1, 2012 11:08:00 PM

Quote:
Additional Comments: Well, it doesn't need to be fancy, I'll be the only one looking at it so I don't need pretty matching colors or lights. A simple case that functions will be fine.

The case I used in this build is one of the best models on the market for the price right now. The design doesn't get much more simple than this, but it's also polished and elegant at the same time.

Quote:
I can't stress enough how much of a newb I am at this, so.. be gentle. Feel free to aassume I no next to nothing about builds and parts, it wont be far from the truth.

If you have any questions that's what this place is here for.

Based off your requirements I just posted this build in another thread:

Case: Fractal Design Arc MIDI - $99.99
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750V2 - $99.99
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P - $189.99
CPU: 3.30GHz Intel Core i5-2500K - $229.99
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - $34.99
RAM: PNY XLR8 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 - $44.99
SSD: Crucial M4 64GB - $109.99
HD: Seagate Barracuda XT 1TB - $129.99
Optical: Lite On DVD Burner - $23.00
Video Card: XFX Double-D 7950 3GB - $479.99

Total: $1,448.92