SLi flickering all games

Hi guys, installed SLi yesterday, all games except Driver:SF seem to have flickering issues when played at fullscreen -_-

Windowed is fine, for some reason.

CPU: i7 2600k
Mob: P67 Sabertooth ASUS
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
GPU: 2 x Palit GTX 580 1.5MB

Any ideas? :(
11 answers Last reply
More about flickering games
  1. did you installed the latest driver.
    your graphics card is extremely low only 1.5mb :) :(
  2. I am not sure what you mean, his graphics cards are certainly not "low".

How are your GPU temps? what's your power supply? SLI with high end cards can hit both hard
  3. unksol said:
    I am not sure what you mean, his graphics cards are certainly not "low".

How are your GPU temps? what's your power supply? SLI with high end cards can hit both hard

i know but i was just joking...
  4. pro-gamer said:
    did you installed the latest driver.
    your graphics card is extremely low only 1.5mb :) :(

Yeah, can I talk to someone with a clue please.

Temps: 65 degrees after playing Crysis at ultra.

PSU: Silverstone ST-85-G (Gold Rated 850W from a decent brand, it's capable of handling both)
  5. it's fine 65 is standard for crysis.
  6. pro-gamer said:
    it's fine 65 is standard for crysis.

Glad to hear it. Now if we'll scroll up, you'll notice that's not the issue I've been having.
  7. in case if it can reach upto 70+ then no need to be worry.
    what is your PSU? MAKE/MODEL
  8. Are you talking about micro stuttering which happens in SLI mode a lot in games? Do you have vertical sync on or off? What resolution are you playing at? What is your FPS when you notice this flickering? 850 watts for a dual SLI setup it a bit low imho for a PSU. You don't mention any locking up or crashing so we won't go to the PSU yet.
  9. ahnilated said:
    Are you talking about micro stuttering which happens in SLI mode a lot in games? Do you have vertical sync on or off? What resolution are you playing at? What is your FPS when you notice this flickering? 850 watts for a dual SLI setup it a bit low imho for a PSU. You don't mention any locking up or crashing so we won't go to the PSU yet.

75 FPS - 75Hz screen.
    Vsync is on
    resolution is 1280x1024

It's not micro stuttering, it's screen flicker.
  10. try to adjust your moniter cables.
  11. Quote:
    Why do you have SLi on a low res screen?

I can upgrade my screen anytime, and will be using a triple monitor setup earlier next year.

The specific model of GTX 580 I needed was running out of stock in Australia =D Didn't want to mix and match. So I got it first. Also, that's really not an important question.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games SLI Graphics