Radeon HD 6770 HDMI port not working

LightVice

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Hi everyone,

I recently bought an iBuyPower PC, and there were a few hiccups in getting it setup, but eventually I got everything to work.
Here are the specs:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227370
with an ASRock Motherboard

I was able to use the HDMI port that was connected to the 6770 on my Samsung tv for about 3 hours when my computer suddenly went into BSOD. It said to check my display manager, but I was only downloading SC2 at that point. After a bit, the computer restarted and the HDMI feed worked fine again. Then it was another hour or so when it BSOD on me again.

Right now the VGA port is working, so its probably not the drivers. But the HDMI port is not working. I can confirm that the HDMI cable is working because I can get a display on my screen from the onboard graphics. (Willing to buy another cable to try it though)

I've read many topics on this problem and tried everything (Sweeping the drives, checking the BIOS) but still to no avail. Are there any other troubleshooting things that I need? / should the BSOD have warned me not to use the HDMI?

TL;DR
HDMI port was working, but after 2 BSOD, does not work anymore.

Thanks.

LightVice

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Yes, I am running Windows 7 Home Premium.
but now my system is not registering my drivers?
An error message had come up saying my drivers are not installed/ not functioning properly right after I installed it.
EDIT:
Now that message box has closed.

LightVice

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
So right now I have the VGA port working.... except the screen suddenly just turned black. I restarted the computer and everything worked again.
Is this a defective graphics card?
Drivers and everything else is looking good. I just don't know why I have these problems..

Hm that's strange. Before we just to any conclusions, try installing the drivers that came with the card. This should rule out the possibly of there being a driver issue. If the problem persists after that, I would try to see if it runs on another OS. (Like a bootable linux build or xp lite) Hirens boot CD has this if you legally own windows xp. Otherwise if you try all of the above and get no results, I would have to say that the card is defective. (of course would love other forum user's input)

LightVice

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Now the HDMI port is working, but sometimes the screen goes black, and I have to switch to VGA. Just now, there was also a strange crackling sound that came from my TV's speakers, once I turned the volume down, the crackling went away. Now theyre up without that sound.

I am utterly confused on what is going on with this computer right now.
My TV has been working just fine before hooking up to this computer.
Thanks though.