Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Problem with fans in Antec Eleven Hundred

Last response: in Components
May 17, 2012 1:09:58 PM

So I finished putting together the parts for my computer,

and everything works fine except the fact that...

the rear and top fan of the case are LOUD AS HELL.

Always running at 100% RPM since they're only plugged into the power supply, it sounds like a jumbo jet taking off.

There's supposed to be a control switch in the back of the case but for some reason Antec decided not to include it(wtf?)

It's not just my case, that's how it is with Eleven Hundred.

There's this 4 pin Molex(I believe that's what it's called?) near the top rear of the case that acts as a hub for 3 pin fans,

and the fans that come with the case are only designed to connect to that place so their wires are super short,

therefore I can't even connect them to the motherboard.

So what what's the cheapest/easiest way to be able to control these fans... do they sell 3 or 4 pin extenders(which

I haven't found) somewhere? Or... I don't know what to do. Please help!
a b ) Power supply
May 17, 2012 1:51:21 PM

imapaladin said:
So I finished putting together the parts for my computer,

and everything works fine except the fact that...

the rear and top fan of the case are LOUD AS HELL.

Always running at 100% RPM since they're only plugged into the power supply, it sounds like a jumbo jet taking off.

There's supposed to be a control switch in the back of the case but for some reason Antec decided not to include it(wtf?)

It's not just my case, that's how it is with Eleven Hundred.

There's this 4 pin Molex(I believe that's what it's called?) near the top rear of the case that acts as a hub for 3 pin fans,

and the fans that come with the case are only designed to connect to that place so their wires are super short,

therefore I can't even connect them to the motherboard.

So what what's the cheapest/easiest way to be able to control these fans... do they sell 3 or 4 pin extenders(which

I haven't found) somewhere? Or... I don't know what to do. Please help!

Buy these
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/30cm-phobya-extension-ca...

with one of these
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/phobya-fanmax-6-controll...
m
l
a b ) Power supply
May 17, 2012 2:00:12 PM

"There's this 4 pin Molex(I believe that's what it's called?) near the top rear of the case that acts as a hub for 3 pin fans"
you should have little sliders located in the rear of your case. they are located behind that switch
look into the case's manual to make sure where that thing is located
m
l
Related resources
a c 137 ) Power supply
May 17, 2012 3:01:22 PM

Usually, Antec includes a 3 position fan speed switch on the back of the case.
The idea is that you plug your fans, at least the supplied ones into the hub, power the hub with a 4 pin molex connector from the psu, and you can then reduce the fan speeds using the switch.

If that does not work for you, or you want a finer speed control, you can always connect them via a zalman fanmate.

I don't much like motherboard speed control. I find it more annoying to have constantly changing speeds.
I set them at a quiet speed, and if things get a bit hot, so be it.
m
l
May 17, 2012 10:08:04 PM

No slider, no switch, no anything. Both the top and rear and connect to this hub and that hub only connects to a 4 pin Molex from the PSU. The only switch at the back(nothing inside) of the case is the blue LED switch. The fan controller slots are there, since I read that Eleven Hundred recycles P280's main chasis.
As I mentioned, this case originally doesn't come with fan controller switch. Only some reviewers mention this, so I missed it before I bought it...
So I guess the only option is to spend more money on extension cables and a controller...-.-
Damn it Antec!!!
Or just connect them to the mobo if I don't mind controlling it through windows?
m
l

Best solution

a c 158 ) Power supply
May 18, 2012 12:28:00 AM

Or contact Antec and see if they'll send you the missing parts...
May 25, 2012 4:33:42 AM

Apparently, the first 'wave' of manufactured Eleven Hundreds don't come with the fan controllers(wtf? lol), but the later ones do. First I talked to a NCIX employee, then an Antec rep and finally got him to send me the fan controller switches(which is going to take many weeks to get here, according to the rep).

I thought the case itself wasn't supposed to come with the switches since they were missing in the reviews I watched/read as well. But the NCIX employee told me that the case came with the controllers in the demo Antec did for them, and that's when I found out I didn't get what I was supposed to.
m
l
May 25, 2012 4:33:54 AM

Best answer selected by imapaladin.
m
l
May 25, 2012 4:42:59 AM

Not so fast. I’m not trying to discourage anyone from going out and contributing to the economy by spending their money on a new cooler or full-fledged watercooling loop. However, here is a simple way to test whether or not your cooler needs updating or if you simply have poor case airflow, in which a cooler upgrade would still have little effect (watercooling loop would still provide improvement, but still dependent upon ambient temps and radiator placement/airflow).
m
l
February 25, 2013 2:44:23 PM

I have the same issue, who do i contact to get the fan controller?
m
l
!