GTX560ti poor performance

madmagpie

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Recently bought the GTX560ti video card when my Gt9800 finally died. Installed new card and I am getting much worse performance than the pervious card. I mostly play WoW and I am getting 12-20 fps in org sitting still, and 2 fps in raids. Lower all the settings to poor, as well as changing advance settings didnt make a difference. Disabling all addons while on poor settings got me to 30 fps, but why play at that lvl.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: EP45-UD3R
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6142MB RAM
Page File: 4530MB used, 7752MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode
Acer H233h monitor
Raidmax RX700ss power suppLY

I am not expecting great leaps in performance, but not a downgrade. And blizz and Asus tech support have been useless so far.

madmagpie

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
I had uninstalled the old drivers, but ran driver sweeper only on the nvidia display drivers. Reinstalled new drivers. I am getting around 20fps in org on mostly good settings. Still alot worse than old card.

madmagpie

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
I saw a post here where a guy was having the same issues, with the same vid cards. Histurned out to be power supply. I discounted that because my power supply was bigger than his. Now i cant find the post again.

madmagpie

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Ran a benchmark test, not sure if this info helps. Also note, I am running a 1920x1080 monitor (couldnt select that for the test).

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti video card 3DMark 11 benchmark test score

Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q8200
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Processor clock 1999 MHz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Physical / logical processors 1 / 4
# of cores 4

Graphics Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Vendor
Asustek Computer, Inc.
# of cards 1
SLI / CrossFire Off
Memory 1024 MB
Core clock 830 MHz
Memory clock 2004 MHz
Driver name
Driver version 8.17.12.8562
Driver status Not FM Approved

General

Operating system 64-bit Windows 7 (6.1.7601)
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. EP45-UD3R
Memory 6144 MB
Module 1 2048 MB OCZ 7 @ 400 MHz
Module 2 1024 MB OCZ 7 @ 333 MHz
Module 3 2048 MB OCZ 7 @ 400 MHz
Module 4 1024 MB OCZ 7 @ 333 MHz
Hard drive model 500GB SATA ST3500320AS SCSI Disk Device

Detailed scores

3DMark Score P2351
Graphics Score 4129
Physics Score 1057
Combined Score 983
GraphicsTest1 16.49 FPS
GraphicsTest2 21.28 FPS
GraphicsTest3 27.11 FPS
GraphicsTest4 12.77 FPS
PhysicsTest 3.36 FPS
CombinedTest 4.57 FPS

Settings
Default settings used
Yes
Edition Basic
Screen Width 1280
Screen Height 720
Msaa Sample Count 1
Texture Filtering Mode Trilinear
Max Af Anisotropy 1
Tessellation Detail 5
Max Tessellation Factor 10
ShadowMapSize 5
Shadow Cascade Count 4
Surface Shadow Sample Count 16
Volumetric Illumination Quality 5
Ambient Occlusion Quality 5
Depth Of Field Quality 5
Enable Window Mode Off
Enable Vertical Sync Off
Enable Triple Buffering Off
Enable Wireframe Off
Color Saturation 100%

Graphics score seems normal to me. I've got a GTX 560 Ti as well but I overclocked the core to 950 MHz and I'm getting 5051 graphics score. The physics score is low, however, and that is pointing to your CPU. As a World of Wacraft player myself, I can say that it is a very CPU intensive game, and with my 2500k @ 4.3 GHz I do not get more than 40 fps in middle of Orgrimmar at crowded times, or more than 30 - 35 fps in 25 man raids.

What performance are you getting in more GPU oriented games? Like some shooters?

madmagpie

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
I dont play enough of other games to have that answer. But my wifes computer with a tricore, gt9800, and 4 gig ram is getting nearly 50-60 in org as I type this. On fair with some good settings. Did play Batman Arkham City today, it was decent in play style. Some hiccups and bog downs, but I have never played it on a good machine for reference.

Deeks

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
I am not 100% sure of why your frames are lower then your old card. One thing i do know is that if your possessor is running at 2.33ghz then your bottle necking your 560ti right there as well. the Q8200 is a good possessor and can be overclocked to stop the bottle necking of your 560 ti. All though this is not the direct topic of the thread i thought id throw in my 2 sense.As for the super low fps the only other thing other then Drivers i can think of is possibly your PSU not giving enough power to the gfx card itself limiting its performance! If your psu doesn't have the proper watts or 12v rail amperage then you can have serious performance loss or even damage to the video card.

Try inserting the new GTX 560 ti to your wifes computer, and see if there're any improvements there.

madmagpie

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Thanks for all the help guys, but when I went in to remove the new card and try it in my wife's computer, I found the cpu fan loose. Reinstalled the cpu fan, and performance seems better. I am now getting 35-45 fps in Org on mostly high settings. Still dropping way down in 25 mans. I may try overclocking after I do alot of research on the topic.