Problem with new computer plz help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riv3Runner

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Hello,
I recently had cyberpower pc build me a computer for the sol purpose of playing SWTOR.
Here's what I have

:CASE: * Coolermaster HAF-X Gaming Full Tower Case w/ 1x230mm Fan, 1x200mm Fans, 2xFront USB 3.0 Port [+124]
CASUPGRADE: None
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format
DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory [+20] (Corsair Vengeance

MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Intel Z68 ATX Mainboardw/ BT GO! Lucid Virtu, IntelSRT & 7.1 HD Audio, Dual GbLAN, IEEE 1394a, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 3 Gen2 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OCCertified)

OS: Microsoft(R) Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
OVERCLOCK: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more)

POWERSUPPLY: * 850 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready
FAN: * Thermaltake FRIO Overclocking Cooler Fan (CLP0564)
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer

HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+41] (EVGA Superclocked

So here's my problem and if anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it because my only other option looks like sending it back to Cyberpower. When I'm playing my game, my monitor randomly puts itself to sleep and I hear a load buzzing noise coming from my speakers. At that point my monitor won't display anything anymore and I'm forced to shut my computer down manually. It seems to happen more frequently now. I checked the temp to rule out overheating and that's about all I have ruled out. Also, my friend said it happened to him while he was just browsing the internet, the monitor went out he said, but then came back on within 5 seconds. I suspect it's a bad video card but I really don't know much about these things. Also, it's a brand new HP HD monitor I'm using, I don't believe it's the monitor.. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Anne

Solution
Check the power connections to the video card they could be loose or not fully seated. Also the card itself may not be fully seated so check that also.
You also can down load evga precission which is evga's gpu monitoring tool and see if your getting heat spikes or power issued. As the card is overclock I know its rare but it may have issues. You may want to try setting it to default 560 ti speeds, then see if you still have the issue and also make sure you have the newest drivers for the video card installed.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
It will most likely either be

a) a bad cable
b) a bad connector on the video card
c) bad connector on the monitor

The most likely issue will be a bad connection on the video card and taking it back to cyberpower is possibly the best choice. Do you have another monitor or another new-ish TV in your house that your able to connect to build up to?

If you do, and its still going into standby, then you can rule out the monitor as the faulty component.

EDIT: Nice build by the way :)

Riv3Runner

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
My other monitor I had hooked up prior to buying this one gave me a similar issue. The monitor itself wouldn't go out, but the speakers would make the same funny noise and the monitor would freeze and I'd again have to manually shut computer down.

galeener

Distinguished
Check the power connections to the video card they could be loose or not fully seated. Also the card itself may not be fully seated so check that also.
You also can down load evga precission which is evga's gpu monitoring tool and see if your getting heat spikes or power issued. As the card is overclock I know its rare but it may have issues. You may want to try setting it to default 560 ti speeds, then see if you still have the issue and also make sure you have the newest drivers for the video card installed.

Solution

Riv3Runner

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

It hasnt happened since I switched the port where I plug my monitor in...maybe something was loose? Bad port? In any case it seems to be working perfectly w/o issues now. Thanks for all your help guys!

Sincerely,
Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.