Hello guys, i'm planning on buying a new PC next week. I was sticking with AMD but after reading a lot of reviews from differentes sites, it seems i'ts better to go with Intel. So here are the details!
Approximate Purchase Date: next week
Budget Range: 900 - 1100
System Usage from Most to Least Important:
1) Image and audio edition, mainly with programs like Sony Vegas, Premier, After Effects, 3ds Max, Flame, some PS and so on). I do need to work easy with HD Videos, for example)
2) Gaming, needing to run smoothly some Next-Gen games, not high-end for games but still.
3) Internet, music and general multi-tasking.
Parts Not Required: I do have Monitor (ViewSonic 21') and peripherals, i only need the complete CPU.
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (e.g.: newegg.com, ncix.com -- to show us selection & pricing)
Parts Preferences: by brand or type: Intel CPU, HD WD, G.Skill Memories, Gigabyte MB with 3.0 USB if possible.
SLI or Crossfire: Maybe
Monitor Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Additional Comments: I'd like a Quiet PC, that's important. I'm using it a lot, and i need it to meet my usage requierements for at least 3, 4 years.
If it has USB 3. (if not, it's OK) and good sound included (i have some external soundblaster audigy 7.1, but's cheap) Sound it's important
- For VGA, i can find much better place with AMD, so going with ATI, some upper-mid like HD 6790 or 6850. ¿Which one is to recommend? Is really a noticieable difference? Maybe i should get Radeon HD 5670?
- HD 1TB SATA3 WD Caviar Black 64mb: around $190. What's the difference between Caviar Green?.
Total there of just over $1000. Prices taken from NewEgg.com
The difference between Caviar Black and Green is the speed and power consumption. Green drives are made to be slower and more energy efficient, while the black drives are aimed to be much quicker. Green drives are 5400rpm, black 7200rpm.
Thanks Adrian for the answer . Still, i have some questions about the build. First i need to say the PC is to be focused on working with video edition programs, rendering and using HD.
About the CPU: Should i get an i5 or an i7. In which terms there is a noticiable performance difference between them?
About the MOBO: I need the MOBO to be Gigabyte. 'Cause i can get them faster, cheaper, and with a 3-years-warranty here in my country. I can't get Asrock or MSI, but Giga and ASUS.
I can find here the different Gigabyte Z68 Models, but i can't exactly decide which i have to choose. I need SATA 6gb/s and USB 3.0. I think GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 is the correct one. It's good having mSATA connector onboard or it's better to have DisplayPort?
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws vs. Corsair Vengeance? Does Giga Z68 Motherboards supports 1600Mhz rams? Because in the specification they say: Dual Channel DDR3 2133/1333/1066 MHz. Does it mean 1600 is not supported?
GPU Unfortunatly, i can't get 6950. I need a ATI 6000 series, not high-end but some upper-mid. A 6850 maybe?
HDD: 1 TB Caviar Black 64mb 7200RPM. I don't need a SSD.