Sign in with
Your question

What PSU should i buy

Last response: in Components
May 17, 2012 4:22:35 PM

Hi everyone i am in need of a new PSU to replace my corsair cx600w as it makes an unbearable high pitched squeal. I did submit an RMA request for the product and it was accepted however i need to send it off to the Netherlands which will cost me £53 in postage and i purchased the PSU for only £50.

I am not sure what power supply to get as i don't want to spend lots but i want someone that will be quiet and reliable. I have been looking at this power supply: http://www.amazon.co.uk/OCZ-OCZ600MXSP-UK-ModXStream-Po...

My friend has the OCZ PSU and it works fine but he has only had it for just under a month. Would anyone recommend it or could anyone suggest any other good power supplies within the £50-£65 margin. I want to avoid corsair as there returns aren't exactly free and i have seen many other posts about the annoying noise many of their PSU's make.

Here is my system:

Windows 7 x64
Asus m5a88m
AMD Phenom 1055t overclocked 3.2Ghz
12GB Corsair 1600mhz RAM
Sapphire radeon hd 6870 1GB
1TB Hitachi 7200rpm hard drive
LG DVD RW drive
Sharkoon T9 case

Thanks in advance

More about : psu buy

May 17, 2012 4:54:38 PM

I would ask Corsair if they'll refund the cost of the RMA, given the high price.

Personally I wouldn't go for an OCZ PSU. Corsair are good, but given your issues if you do get a new PSU I'm guessing you won't want one of them! XFX and Seasonic are also worth a look, as are Enermax, Be Quiet! and Silverstone.
May 17, 2012 5:12:13 PM

diellur said:
I would ask Corsair if they'll refund the cost of the RMA, given the high price.

Personally I wouldn't go for an OCZ PSU. Corsair are good, but given your issues if you do get a new PSU I'm guessing you won't want one of them! XFX and Seasonic are also worth a look, as are Enermax, Be Quiet! and Silverstone.

ok thanks I.will have a look. Just out of interest, why wouldn't you recommend ocz
!