lloydcoates90

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Just bought the below build from cyber power pc and i wanted to know if im in for any nasty suprises when it arrrives, bought it on finance and i just wanted some expert advice/views on the build.

Weekly Sales IV (NO MONITOR)
SP4Z, http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/Weekly_sales_IV/
*BASE_PRICE: [+733]
BLUETOOTH: None
CABLE: HDMI Male to Male Cable [+7] (1.8m)
CAS: NZXT Phantom Full Tower Gaming Case High Performance Cooling with Integrated Fan Controller [+49] (White Color)
CASUPGRADE: Ultra Violet Reactive Kit (2xUV Lights, 2xSATA2 HDD Cables, 1 xUV Gelid 120mm High Performance Nanoflux Bearing Fan with rubber mounts, Blue Colour) [+28]
CD: LG BH10LS38 10X Blu-Ray Rewriter & 16X DVD±R/±RW Drive (please select the Blue Ray software in the Software section) [+48]
CD2: NONE
COOL: NONE
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 960 Quad Core 3.20GHz, 4.8GTs/8 MB cache, LGA1366 ***Overclockable XXX***
CS_FAN: Max. 3 x 120mm Silent Case Cooling Fans in selected case key areas for ultra silent operation [+23] (1,200 RPM AKASA Silent Fans with Sleeve Ball Bearing 17 dBA and LED light to match the Fans already in the case)
DONGLES: NONE
EXPAN: NONE
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Asetek 510LC / Xtremegear Liquid Cooling system w/ 120mm Radiator (Asetek CPU Water Cooling ***Overclockable XXX***)
FLASHMEDIA: None
FLOPPY: NONE
FREEBIE_CS: None
FREEBIE_NVVC: FREE Game - Batman: Arkham City
GLASS3D: NONE
HDD: 2TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 32M Cache Hard Drive [+26] (Single Hard Drive)
HDD2: NONE
HEADSET1: Thermaltake Shock Gaming Headset wiht 40mm Ear-Cup/ 3.5 mm and Stereo surround sound (Black) [+28]
HOMEINSTALL: NONE
IEEE_CARD: NONE
KEYBOARD: (Keyboard & Mouse Combo) Logitec Cordless MX 5500 Desktop Keyboard & Laser Mouse [+96]
MEMORY: 12GB (3x4GB) PC10666 DDR3/1333mhz Dual Channel Memory [+57] (Kingston Value Brand)
MODEM: NONE
MONITOR: NONE
MONITOR2: NONE
MONITOR3: NONE
MOPAD1: Razer Sphex™ Gaming Grade Desktop Mouse Pad [+15]
MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) Asus P6X58D-E Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA-III RAID w/ 7.1Audio,GbLAN,IEEE1394a,USB3.0,SATA-III,RAID,3 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI *** XXX overclocking ***
MOUSE: NONE
NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT -- As standard on all PCs
OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium [+74] (64-bit Edition)
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 1000 Watts Power Supplies [+73] (Cyberpower 1000watt Gaming Power Supply SLI/CrossFire Ready)
RUSH: NONE
SOFT1: Microsoft® Office® 2010 Home and Student (Word, Excel, Powerpoint + OneNote) [+80]
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: NONE
TEMP: NONE
UPS: None
USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
USBHD: NONE
VC_PHYSX: None
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+29] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
VIDEO2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+154] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
VIDEO3: None, or On-Board Integrated Graphics
WAP: NONE
WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3 Year Labour, 1 Year Parts, 1 Month Collect and Return plus Life-Time Technical Support
WNC: PCI-E Wireless 802.11n 300Mbps Network Interface Card [+17]
XWNA: NONE

Now i plan on running this and using my 32 inch LED tv as the mointor would that work/be okay? i will mostly be using this for warcraft and i wanted to know if this could easily run it on ultra? would i need any extra cables/ plug ins etc to use my tv as a monitor and connect to my internet wirelessly? i know i bought the "PCI-E Wireless 802.11n 300Mbps Network Interface Card " is that all i need for it to connect ?

Many thanks in advance.

Lloyd

With 560 SLI as your video cards you should be able to do ultra no problem, especially with that CPU and the amount of ram you have.

Yes you should be able to use the wireless card in your computer - but does your router support wireless 11.n ?

You should only need 1 HDMI cable from your computer to LED LCD TV. This also carries sound.

Edit: BTW nice computer, it should last you a while!

lloydcoates90

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
ty for your help chainzsaw, well in the house at the moment we have that black virgin media super hub, now im hoping that it can but again im not tech savvy so any help on that matter would be excellent.

Regards,

Lloyd

Why would you finance an obsolete s1366 computer??

You could have bought a s1155 computer that's faster for less money and upgradable.

It always pays to talk to people in the know BEFORE you purchase.

lloydcoates90

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
well to be honest geekapproved i feel that even with my lack of knowledge that the build that me and my friend chose would be fine for what im doing, college work and warcraft, it may be obsolete to you but i feel that to me its fine for the job.

lloydcoates90

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Rockdpm, i literally only play warcraft and the odd game of BFBC3 thats pretty much it, like i said before i only plan to use it for college work and primarily wow.

lloydcoates90

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
yeah i think thats the one ty chainzsaw, just a brief last question, "geekapproved" mentioned how my choice was somewhat ***, it seems to me that the computer that i have chosen will still last me 3 to 4 years or will it only be viable for 12 to 18 months?

Many thanks

Yeah I mean it's good, I'm not putting it down.....BUT you could have gotten a much faster, highly overclockable, more efficient and upgradable system for a lot less money had you come here for advice first.

That platform is NOT upgradable, the socket has been discontinued for some time which has me wondering why they are even still selling them, they must have been pre-built and sitting around in a warehouse.

lloydcoates90

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
well i doubt that if i ring up i would be allowed to swap it out for anything else but do you feel that it will last me 3 to 4 years on warcraft and minimal work? <- this question aimed at "geekapproved" btw

The cpu will be fast enough for your current needs.
Primary reason it is outdated and you may kick yourself in a years time.
(1) No Native support for USB III. USB3 thumb drives are much faster than the outdated USB2 drives. Should at some point consider a external HDD for back-up. Again USB2 is much slower.
(2) No native support for Sata III. For HDDs this is not a problem as Sata III HDDs only benifit with SATA III ports is burst speed - NO biggy. Also currently SATA III SSDs (a very good upgrade) works almost as well on SATA II Intel port. - With HDDs going hybred (a small internall SSD) and Improvements in SATA III SSDs this may not true much longer.
(3) Limited to PCI-e 2.0. New systems are up to PCI-e 3.0 - No really benifit now, but in a years time ????
(4) Yes SB Processor is much better. clock per clock more eff. Also the SBs have an internal IGP - No good for gaming, but does have some advantages.

This can be solved with a add on card, BUT they are NOT as good as native support.

My backup system is a I5-750 OCed to 3.2 was fine from a performance standpoint - But upgraded to the SB I5-2500k primarily for the above two reasons. NOT a gamer so pci-e 3.0 not a biggy (but when bought was not avail either).

Bottom line, yes you can use it for 2 -> 3 years. But will probably kick your self in the hind quarters in 1->2 years. And who knows where GPUs and games will be in two years.

@ Geek, probably tring to off load outdated CPUs and MBs they have on hand.

lloyd, don't worry about your computer not being "future" proof. For what you do it will do everything you need it to do with flying colors.

By the time 2-3 years comes around, you'll probably be ready for a new build :)

World of Warcraft will last you 3-4 years no problem as it is not a very demanding game (well somewhat, depending on location and how many players you are around).

The nice thing about a pre-built is that you don't have to worry about the set up and everything. I mean some people enjoy it (such as me) but sometimes it's just nice to get something and use it right away.

Take care.

vitornob

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
Why did you not open a thread here asking about BEFORE buying it?

Sadly I have some bad news.. you could spend less and have a better system (better = energy efficient, lower TDP, better performance..)
You really should go for a Sandy-Bridge CPU (Socket 1155)

Yes.. the system will last you a good time.. but never is a bad idea to have a faster and cheaper system don't? Couldn't you cancel the buy and change it?

lloydcoates90

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
well i could try, but im not too sure if i could as its on finance etc, but if it will last me for wow for 3 to 4 years then its fine for me.

Regards,

Lloyd

kulmnar

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
This message is aimed at the OP. One weakness in your build is the potential low quality power supply. I mean, seriously, CyberPower makes power supplies? You should have picked the Corsair HX1050 option.

lloydcoates90

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
guys just had an epic talk with the guys at cyber power, if im quick i can change my build, BEFORE i order the below spec i want you guys to run over it please.

NEW SPEC

BASE_PRICE: [+483]
BLUETOOTH: None
CABLE: HDMI Male to Male Cable [+7] (1.8m)
CAS: NZXT Phantom Full Tower Gaming Case High Performance Cooling with Integrated Fan Controller [+69] (Black Color)
CASUPGRADE: Ultra Violet Reactive Kit (2xUV Lights, 2xSATA2 HDD Cables, 1 xUV Gelid 120mm High Performance Nanoflux Bearing Fan with rubber mounts, Blue Colour) [+28]
CD: Samsung SH-B123 12X Blu-Ray Player (please select the Blue Ray software in the Software section) [+34]
CD2: NONE
COOL: NONE
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5 2500K Quad Core 3.3GHz 6MB cache LGA1155 + HD Graphics ***Overclockable XXX***
CS_FAN: Max. 3 x 120mm Silent Case Cooling Fans in selected case key areas for ultra silent operation [+23] (1,200 RPM AKASA Silent Fans with Sleeve Ball Bearing 17 dBA and LED light to match the Fans already in the case)
DONGLES: NONE
EXPAN: NONE
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Asetek 510LC / Xtremegear Liquid Cooling system w/ 120mm Radiator (Asetek CPU Water Cooling ***Overclockable XXX***)
FLASHMEDIA: None
FLOPPY: NONE
FREEBIE_CS: None
FREEBIE_NVVC: FREE Game - Batman: Arkham City
GLASS3D: NONE
HDD: 2TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 32M Cache Hard Drive [+26] (Single Hard Drive)
HDD2: NONE
HEADSET1: Thermaltake Shock Gaming Headset wiht 40mm Ear-Cup/ 3.5 mm and Stereo surround sound (Black) [+28]
HOMEINSTALL: NONE
IEEE_CARD: NONE
KEYBOARD: (Keyboard & Mouse Combo) Logitec Cordless MX 5500 Desktop Keyboard & Laser Mouse [+96]
MB_SRT: None
MEMORY: 16GB(4x4GB) PC10666 DDR3/1333mhz Dual Channel Memory [+74] (Kingston Value Brand)
MODEM: NONE
MONITOR: NONE
MONITOR2: NONE
MONITOR3: NONE
MOPAD1: Razer Sphex™ Gaming Grade Desktop Mouse Pad [+15]
MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] GigaByte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 4x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI ***Overclockable XXX*** [+29]
MOUSE: NONE
NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT -- As standard on all PCs
OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium [+74] (64-bit Edition)
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 1350 Watts Power Supplies [+166] (ThermalTake ToughPower Modular Gaming Power Supply -- SLI / Crossfire ready)
RUSH: NONE
SOFT1: Microsoft® Office® 2010 Home and Student (Word, Excel, Powerpoint + OneNote) [+80]
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: NONE
TEMP: NONE
UPS: None
USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
USBHD: NONE
VC_PHYSX: None
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+157] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
VIDEO2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+196] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
VIDEO3: None, or On-Board Integrated Graphics
WAP: NONE
WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3 Year Labour, 1 Year Parts, 1 Month Collect and Return plus Life-Time Technical Support
WNC: PCI-E Wireless 802.11n 300Mbps Network Interface Card [+17]
XWNA: NONE
_PRICE: (+1602)

Alright your new system is good. 16GB ram is a bit much - you can always get away with 8. But 16GB is good.

Your powersupply is massively overkill though - i highly doubt you need a 1350 watt PSU. Something like a seasonic 850 silver or gold would do.

One more thing - please do not bump - it takes time to look over everything , and it's against the TOS.

Edit: If you do decide to get this machine - make sure you download and install Microsoft Security Essentials if it's not already installed (it's free), I would also ditch any paid antivirus program...and download something like free AVG or avira. I would also do a Prime95 test (free download) - to check your CPU's temps as well as find out if there are any errors, as well as memtest86 (free download) to test if your memory has any errors as well.

lloydcoates90

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
ah sorry chainsaw i did not realise >< , but thank you for the advice, just had the cyberpower guy on the phone thats all, but again thank you i think ill go with the new setup then .

Thank you to all at THW for all the help and support i have recieved and sorry for not being more knowledgeable haha.

Regards,

Lloyd.

Looks great.
The PSU is way overkill, unless planing on SLI/Xfire of a MUCH higher-end GPUs.

Your power consumpsion in games is going to be under 500 Watts as configured.
A good corsair or seasonic 750 Watt is be a good choice. Personally I do not like having a PSU that at idle is less than 20 % and at max power is less than 50%. Max PSU (Quality PSU) of 1 KW.

kulmnar

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Nothing wrong with the 1350 Watt Thermaltake PSU, that way you don't have to worry about power consumption when upgrading video cards. So stick with that PSU and you will be fine!

I agree the psu is MAJOR overkill and 2GB on the graphics cards isn't going to do you any good, the 1GB would have been best, but that system is MUCH better than the first one you posted.

See aren't you glad I ruined your day....momentarily?

You got a much better processor, better overclocker, more efficient, and upgradable platform.

galeener

Distinguished
Yes never ever skimp on the power supply . That is the major issue with most of the cyberpower sucks threads.
You need to research the components. Anything branded xtreme gear is just plain aweful
That includes their power supplys the cyber power branded supplys are terrible also.
Most people read up on the cpu and graphics then skimp on the PSU as a way to save some bucks and it ends up being a nightmare for them.
The PSU is the heart of the system after all.

lloydcoates90

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Recently everytime i turn my computer on both graphics cards have been turn off by windows and it states that they are faulty and the only way i can sort it atm is to uninstall the drivers completely and reinstall which isnt the best way to deal with it.

Im also geting a "WindowsUpdate_80070103" error when i try to update through the updater, also the nvidia control panel decides to not work when i turn the comp on.

Got 2 560tis in SLI atm and im stuck as to how to solve this without having to reinstall drivers everytime i turn on.

Many thanks.

Lloyd

TRENDING THREADS