Sign in with
Your question

Please help with Diablo 3 build

Last response: in Systems
February 2, 2012 3:34:53 PM

Hey guys, first off I would like to say I am pretty much a noob when it comes to building a computer. i just know how to use them. I am interested in getting a gaming build to be able to run Diablo 3 on the highest settings without a problem. My problem is I that I want one that is already prebuilt or one you can customize on a site like cyberpower.com or ibuypower.com Playing Diablo 3 is probably the only thing it is going to be used for and maybe occasionally getting online but mainly just for playing Diablo 3. I would like to try and keep it around $800. If I can get something that will run it for cheaper that would be great $800 is just my max. If someone could possibly make me a build on ibuypower.com or point me in the right direction of an already built one that would be great.

More about : diablo build

February 2, 2012 3:42:53 PM

Hey guys, first off I would like to say I am pretty much a noob when it comes to building a computer. i just know how to use them. I am interested in getting a gaming build to be able to run Diablo 3 on the highest settings without a problem that will also be somewhat "future proof", its not a huge concern I just want it to last more than 2 or 3 years even though its mainly going to be used for Diablo. My problem is I that I want one that is already prebuilt or one you can customize on a site like cyberpower.com ibuypower.com Playing Diablo 3 is probably the only thing it is going to be used for and maybe occasionally getting online but mainly just for playing Diablo 3. I would like to try and keep it around $800. If I can get something that will run it for cheaper that would be great $800 is just my max. If someone could possibly make me a build on ibuypower.com or point me in the right direction of an already built one that would be great.
m
l
February 2, 2012 3:52:23 PM

($21) ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

($60) Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

($85) Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"

($95) ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s

($220) XFX Radeon HD 6870 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP

($75) Antec EarthWatts GREEN 650W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE

($48) G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

($110) AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core

($100) Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM

Subtotal: $813.91
m
l
Related resources
February 2, 2012 3:55:31 PM

That will do just fine. and is Perfect for your price range. Idk about your cooling option. but if you got a good CPU cooler. OC the FX 4100 then you will have performance boost
m
l
February 2, 2012 3:56:03 PM

why not just buy parts and have someone build it for you? You won't get your $ worth on a prebuild.
m
l
February 2, 2012 3:56:03 PM

Please don't double post the same question. See you other entry for the first answer.
m
l
February 2, 2012 4:02:31 PM

TyLeR115 said:
Hey guys, first off I would like to say I am pretty much a noob when it comes to building a computer. i just know how to use them. I am interested in getting a gaming build to be able to run Diablo 3 on the highest settings without a problem that will also be somewhat "future proof", its not a huge concern I just want it to last more than 2 or 3 years even though its mainly going to be used for Diablo. My problem is I that I want one that is already prebuilt or one you can customize on a site like cyberpower.com ibuypower.com Playing Diablo 3 is probably the only thing it is going to be used for and maybe occasionally getting online but mainly just for playing Diablo 3. I would like to try and keep it around $800. If I can get something that will run it for cheaper that would be great $800 is just my max. If someone could possibly make me a build on ibuypower.com or point me in the right direction of an already built one that would be great.

Just to state that MAYBE you need to stay 100% time online to play Diablo 3 (heard that this is some kind of protection)
I hope you don't need a monitor too.

Best I did is that one:

Case 1 x NZXT Source 210 Gaming Case-Black
Case Lighting None
iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction None
iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion None
Processor 1 x Intel® Core™ i3-2100 Processor (2x 3.10GHz/3MB L3 Cache)
iBUYPOWER PowerDrive None
Processor Cooling 1 x Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink
Memory 1 x 8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module-Corsair or Major Brand
Video Card 1 x AMD Radeon HD 6850 - 1GB-Single Card
Video Card Brand 1 x === High Performance === XFX Brand Video Card
Motherboard 1 x ASUS P8Z68-V LX -- Lucid Virtu Technology
Intel Smart Response Technology None
Power Supply 1 x 600 Watt - Standard
Primary Hard Drive 1 x 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s-Single Drive
Data Hard Drive None
Optical Drive 1 x 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive-Black
2nd Optical Drive None
Flash Media Reader / Writer None
Meter Display None
USB Expansion None
Sound Card 1 x 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network Card 1 x Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Operating System 1 x Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel)-64-Bit
Keyboard 1 x iBUYPOWER USB Keyboard
Mouse 1 x iBUYPOWER Internet Mouse
Monitor None
2nd Monitor None
Speaker System None
Video Camera None
Case Engraving Service None
Warranty 1 x 3 Year Standard Warranty Service
Rush Service 1 x Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee)-No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days
Free Stuff 1 x [Free Game Download] - Deus Ex-Free with purchase of AMD FX processor / Radeon HD 6850 or higher video card

Subtotal $818.00
m
l
February 2, 2012 4:07:12 PM

whats with the FX? i5 2500k all the way!
m
l
February 2, 2012 4:08:37 PM

The graphics card is the most important feature in a gaming PC.

At $800, you would by far benefit by building your own PC. If so, start like this:

1) Best graphics card for $160 to $220
2) best CPU for about $150 (probably Intel)
3) Windows 7 64-bit Premium (OEM) about $100
4) 4GB DDR3 1600MHz (2x2GB)
5) suitable motherboard
6) suitable case (i.e. Antec 100)
7) Western Digital "Green" hard drive
8) DVD burner
9) PSU (about 750Watts. make sure the +12V rail has AMPS higher than the requirement of the graphics card. A GTX560Ti is somewhere around 35Amps)

Start with NCIX and write down parts, ensure compatibility.

See, I pretty much built your entire system here, but if you want I'll walk you through it and help you pick the parts. I'm an electronics technician, retired Radar Systems (Navy) and build gaming systems for fun.

Pre-built systems:
Most pre-built systems save a little on the motherboard, but especially the graphics card. I've seen systems with crappy graphics, a nice CPU and 12GB of RAM. More than 4GB of RAM won't make much difference and the CPU is overkill because the Graphics is the bottleneck.

It's all about the BALANCE.

Still, if you want a pre-built, sure go ahead and look around. Just make sure it has 64-bit Windows 7, and after that your gaming experience is mainly dictated by the graphics card.

You want a system that has an HD6850 or higher. Actually, there's not too many cards I'd currently recommend for the price. Here they are:
HD6850, HD6870, GTX560, GTX560Ti

**and stay away from Crossfire and SLI. Too many issues, such as micro-stutter.
m
l
February 2, 2012 4:12:00 PM

Also, I'm not sure how long it will be until AMD or NVidia has a great value $200 graphics card. You can Google around if need be.

If you get a $150 Intel CPU or higher you'll be able to play Diablo 3 nicely on any of the above cards, then upgrade just the graphics card in the future if need be.
m
l
February 2, 2012 4:12:31 PM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • Need Help with Diablo 3 gaming computer
    m
    l
    February 2, 2012 5:00:43 PM

Hey Tyler, I know you were asking for a prebuilt or to guide you through a custom order on ibuypower or such, but please take a second and consider what I'm about to tell you.

If you plan to be using or just gaming on computers for some time, you really should be considering building it yourself. I know it may seem like a huge monumental task, but it's quite manageable. There is nothing comparable to making your own PC in terms of quality and price. You know EXACTLY what went into it, because you're the one who put it in the case. It makes modifying your build later on easier too. Also, it's really not as hard as most people think it is if you just take the time to read the instructions. There's also tons of help online to be found if you find yourself with a question. Plus, it's fun! The only thing is you have to make that initial leap in deciding to make your first build. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I recommend you build this thing yourself.

Now second thing is I don't know why someone was recommending one of AMD's FX CPUs. They're simply not worth the money at any price point for gaming. I'm not an Intel fanboy by any means, but the reality is that Intel CPUs are king of the block right now at just about any price. Don't take my word on it though, take a look at this article and decide for yourself http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-fx-pentium-a...

Anywho, assuming you decide to take my advice and build your own, here's a start for you.

Part list permalink: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4iV3
    Part price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4iV3/by_merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Microcenter)
    This is one of the best gaming CPUs on the market now. It's only Achilles's heel is that it doesn't have an unlocked multiplier for overclocking. Really though, I can't see that being a big need for you.

Motherboard: ASRock H61M-VS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($54.99 @ Newegg)
    This is a very bare bones motherboard. You might want to chose a new one if you want to the ability to overclock, USB 3.0, Sata III, or are interested in crossfire/SLI in the future. If you're not interested in any of those four things, this will do you nicely. If you are interested in one or more of those, just say so and I'll help you find one more suited to your needs.

Memory: G.Skill Value Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($36.99 @ Newegg)
    Basic low profile RAM. You will definitely not be needing more than 8GB. Truth be told you could get away with 4, but since it's so cheap, why not?

Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($98.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Hard drive prices are crazy, so a lowly 500 GB is what I recommend. If you could get away with less, I would suggest a 320, or 250 GB to shave down the price.

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB Video Card ($152.55 @ Newegg)
    A pretty high end graphics card. It should run Diablo 3 quite nicely on high settings.

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Microcenter)
    A good solid $50 case. Any case at this price point with good air flow will do though. Antec 300 is another popular one. Just take a look around on newegg and find what you like.

Power Supply: Antec 500W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    This will give you more than you need in power, with a pretty good efficiency rating too.

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($27.97 @ Newegg
    Any optical drive would do honestly

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $716.45

(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated 2012-02-02 13:45 EST-0500)

I left a little wiggle room in the budget in case you live in a state with an online tax, like me :cry:  . If not, we can put some more money into the build. Like we could step up the graphics card and powersupply, a better motherboard, or an unlocked CPU.

If you decide you must absolutely have a prebuilt, just say so and I'll go through an ibuypower walk through with you. Please give the build it yourself option some serious thought though.
    m
    l
    February 2, 2012 5:03:53 PM

I don't know any place that would be able to build it for me.....I don't have a problem doing that but the only place I could even begin to think of would be some place like Best Buy....The only main thing I want is i5 2500k because from reading what people have been saying it is one of the best. I may be wrong but most people seem to prefer it. I am willing to go up to $900 if it will be worth it. I am leaning more towards buying parts and having someone build it for me...I just want to get the most for my money. Also I don't know exactly what overclocking is and what you mean by buying the h100 and overclocking it?....I warned you I am a noob
    m
    l
    February 2, 2012 5:08:00 PM

Thanks Grand Admiral. I live in Indiana but I'm not too worried about the online tax. I would like to step everything possible to keep it below $900. Thanks for your help
    m
    l
    February 2, 2012 5:31:15 PM

No problem man. Let me try and explain a few things for clarification.

Overclocking is when you speed up a processor and make it do more work than it normally would. You do this by increasing the base clock, the multiplier, and vlotage taking a processor that may have been rated at say 3.4 Ghz and pushing it to say 4 Ghz. This increases power of your processor, but increases the temperature and potentially damaging it. It is quite possible to get safe overclocks that allow you to get more from your system, but since you're new to this and you can ruin your CPU if you're not careful. I recommend you skip the idea of overclocking on this system.

With that said, the i5-2500k is what's usually preferred because of the following reasons...
    - Sandy Bridge architecture (which is to say it's one of the new Intel processors)
    - Quad core
    - Unlocked multiplier (for OCing)

If we're not overclocking here are the other processors from Intel that also are quad core with the sandy bridge architecture...
    - i5-2500 @3.3Ghz ~$210
    - i5-2400 @3.1Ghz ~$190
    - i5 2300 @2.8Ghz ~$185
    (prices off of newegg)

So as you can see it's really just a matter of how much you're willing to spend for a higher frequency. I thought the i5-2400 was a nice middle ground between price and performance, but if you want you could push it up to the 2500.

Lastly, just to make sure I understand a few things... Do you want me to update that build to push it to $900 and do you need a new computer monitor? Because I can put that into the build too.
    m
    l
    February 2, 2012 5:54:36 PM

yes I would like to bump it up to 2500, a better motherboard, the Antec 3000 case, and any other upgrades you think are good that would keep me around the $900 range. Also I dont need a monitor right this moment. I planned on getting the computer first and then getting the monitor the next time I get paid.
    m
    l
    February 2, 2012 6:39:27 PM

also I would like to get a 2gb video card. Thanks again for all of your help
    m
    l
    February 2, 2012 8:00:50 PM

Mainly I just want a good motherboard since I have some extra room in my budget and then maybe some higher end brands if it will fit in my budget.
    m
    l
    February 2, 2012 8:18:07 PM

I'm not sure how much good 2Gb would get you over 1Gb, but I found a pretty good deal on one.

Part list permalink: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4jkY
    Part price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4jkY/by_merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($208.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Upgraded

I felt that upgrading your CPU, graphics card, and power supply was a better idea than getting a mobo with more features.

*same

Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($98.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    *same

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2GB Video Card ($254.98 @ Newegg)
    This video bumps you up another tier. It is supposed to be an absolute beast, has really good fans, and the 2 Gb of memory.

Case: Antec Three Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Microcenter)
    As per request

Power Supply: Antec 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($90.99 @ Adorama)
    I got a PSU with more wattage, probably more than necessary, but I felt it was a good idea to give your system a bit more breathing room with that new graphics card

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($27.97 @ Newegg)
    *same

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    *same

Total: $923.88

(Generated 2012-02-02 17:04 EST-0500)

There you go my friend. You should be able to thoroughly enjoy your Diablo III experience with this beast!
    m
    l
    February 2, 2012 9:14:51 PM

Thanks a ton man. I will be ordering these parts very soon. I'm going to see if my friend who works on computers can get me copy of Microsoft windows 7 for free to try and cut out $100
    m
    l
    February 2, 2012 9:32:14 PM

what if I got a better cpu, and power supply, and just stuck with the 1gb video card....would it still all be compatible and run on high settings. I can get windows 7 for $20 so technically I would be paying $850 for the computer which I am comforatable with I was jus curious
    m
    l
    February 2, 2012 10:11:49 PM

I do have one thought though. What if I went ahead and got the better CPU, and Power supply but just stuck with the 1gb video card for know to knock a little money off, and then later on upgraded it if I wasn't satisfied. would that still work? If not I'm fine with getting the 2gb one I just thought it might be an option to knock $100 off
    m
    l
    February 2, 2012 10:40:29 PM

Yes, you could absolutely do that if you wanted to. I did another brush up on the build thought, take a look.

Part list permalink: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4jDU
    Part price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4jDU/by_merchant

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB Video Card ($219.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($60.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $858.88

(Generated 2012-02-02 19:34 EST-0500)

I dropped you down to an EVGA 560 Ti 1Gb with no overclock on it. A bit less powerful than the MSI one, but still packs more of a punch than the 6870. Also, to get exact measurements since money was tight, I put the system specs into a power supply calculator. Even at maximum power draw and after a few years of aging, 550 watts will be more than enough.
    m
    l
    February 2, 2012 11:18:38 PM

ok well I guess I will try and decide which one I am going to do. I really like the upgraded one with the 2gb video card because I can get it for around $840 all together since I can get windows 7 for $20. I also have 1 more request if its not too much to ask. Do you think you could design me a computer that is the same as the one we have laid out on a site like ibuypower.com or cyberpowerpc.com so i can see the price difference please? If not I completely understand I am just trying to weigh out my options.
    m
    l
    February 2, 2012 11:55:49 PM

Bro, if you live near a Microcenter, for $800, here you are.

I5 2500k $180
    Asrock Z68 pro3-m $105
    Cooler Master Elite 430 $38
    -$50 Microcenter Deal.

Gigabyte GTX 560TI $210
    Kingston HyperX 1333/1600 $40
    Hitachi 500GB 7200RPM $80
    Windows 7 $100
    Lg 22x $18
    Antec ECO 620w $70

Total: $791
    m
    l
    February 3, 2012 12:27:49 AM

First of all, no one suggested a FX CPU; the prebuilt included a free game for a system that had either the FX CPU OR a HD6850 GPU; the latter is what it had, so it qualified.
    Second, I hope you end up feeling comfortable getting your own parts and building this yourself. There are tutorial articles and videos all over the web. If you have the use of both hands and even modest manual dexterity, you should have no problems doing it. Another of the corners that builders like iBuypower tend to cut is the PSU; unless you specify an expensive upgrade, you'll get a cheap, outdated, inefficient design that is probably good for no more than 80% of what's on its label, and may cause grief down the road.
    Last, I generally like Grand_Admiral_K's last build, although I'd like to add my $0.02. Being a Blizzard game, targeted at a mass audience, Diablo III will not have particularly demanding system requirements. Unless someone who has played the beta has specific advice on the video card, as nice as the GTX560Ti is, I suspect a much less expensive HD6850 will suffice to play the game on very good settings. This will allow you to spend more money on the motherboard. If you're interested in system longevity, I think you should get a better one, that includes USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s. I think the Z68 chipset is the one to get. Like I said, you can easily add a more powerful GPU later, but upgrading a motherboard can be a big deal (software-wise, it's essentially starting from scratch, even if you re-use all your other parts).
    Getting a non-K CPU is fine. A lot of people around here like to overclock their systems; it isn't hard, and can be satisfying to get more than you paid for, even a little. Still, it is NOT any kind of requirement, and as a self-proclaimed newbie, you may not feel ready to do that. Any i5 CPU is not going to need to be overclocked to play Diablo III; I doubt the i3's will either (which is just as well, because they're all locked).
    m
    l
    February 3, 2012 12:29:15 AM

I live in Indiana and I have never heard of microcenter. I am just trying to find somebody to put the computer together for me otherwise i might buy a pre built one. i really want to make my own I just dont want to mess anything up
    m
    l
    February 3, 2012 1:13:24 AM

Hopefully I can find somebody to build one for me. I just dont want to mess up the processor. thats all I'm concerned about. I'm almost considering buying a computer from Best Buy that already has an i5 2500 CPU in it and then adding all of these upgrades into it or is that a terrible idea?
    m
    l
    February 3, 2012 4:55:22 AM

:heink:  That post seemed a bit hostile to me, but maybe it's just because I'm reading this late at night... anyhow, I'm not meaning to get in an argument here jtt283, but scroll to the top of the thread. The first reply by was by alvine and his suggested build, which has an FX 4100 and then his second comment on the thread was to get an h100 overclock it.

You bring up a good point about the motherboard though, it's definitely the weakest part of the build. I just didn't see his needs including sata III, USB 3.0, or a need to SLI or crossfire. For his case, I felt like getting him a better graphics card to ride him through would be abetter idea then getting him features he may end up never using. With the added power in his graphics card, I couldn't see him needing to upgrade for a long while. With that being said, I wouldn't be comfortable recommending less than a 6870 for him. If he ever decides to play anther game besides Diablo, he may be really grateful for that added power.

Obviously though, you've been on this forum a lot longer than I have, so I'll take your advice over what I think since I'm still a bit new :??:  . If you want, you can guide him through the rest of the build. If the motherboard and GPU were your only concerns this build should pretty much be done after you switch the two out.

Lastly, Tyler, dude, don't worry. I promise you it's not going to be as hard as you're thinking it will be. These pieces are by nature sensitive, but not to the magnitude you seem to be thinking. They are made of metal and semicondicters, they're relatively tough. When it come to installing a processor, you just pick it up by the edges and gently place it in the socket and secure it with the bracket. It's cake. Take just an hour or two to read the manuals and look up how to guides on the internet. By the time you're done with all this you will feel very accomplished and be very glad you went with a homebuild.
    m
    l
    February 3, 2012 5:04:34 AM

I'm pretty sure this is the build I'm going to go for. I may go for the 1gb video card unless there is a significant difference in the 2gb one?....I'm still very new to this even though I have been researching almost all day. Also is it beneficial to maybe upgrade the motherboard a bit just to insure better performance?

Upgraded

I felt that upgrading your CPU, graphics card, and power supply was a better idea than getting a mobo with more features.

*same

*same

This video bumps you up another tier. It is supposed to be an absolute beast, has really good fans, and the 2 Gb of memory.

As per request

I got a PSU with more wattage, probably more than necessary, but I felt it was a good idea to give your system a bit more breathing room with that new graphics card

*same

*same

m
    l
    February 3, 2012 8:59:41 AM

Grand_Admiral_K said:
    ...The first reply by was by alvine and his suggested build, which has an FX 4100 and then his second comment on the thread was to get an h100 overclock it....

My apologies, I missed that entirely. I was looking at the prebuilt, which had that free game in it, because of the HD6850. Perhaps I'm the one who was sleepy after a 10 hour work day.
    You make a valid point about a stronger GPU for other games too, but that's something the OP will need to decide.
    I'm not sure SLI or Crossfire needs to be an included feature, but I'd think USB 3.0 would be. Tyler, consider how you will back up your system. Many people choose an external drive, and limiting yourself to USB 2.0 could make that process painfully slow enough that you may simply not do it. I'm not suggesting a $200 board, but something like this one might be good: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... for $80, or for $105 there is one with a couple more RAM slots, and its PCIE x16 slot is 3.0: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

m
    l
    February 3, 2012 12:55:10 PM

Does the one for $105 have USB 3.0? Since I am starting off with the 1gb video card and will be saving $100 I can put that towards a better board.
    m
    l
    February 3, 2012 1:49:21 PM

@Jtt283
    It's cool man. I appreciate your help with this.

@Tyler
    Just to clarify, the more expensive motherboards don't actually increase performance as much as they provide more advanced features. So that $105 motherboard Jtt suggested should be just fine for your needs if you wanted the USB 3.0 etc;

Also, the 2Gb of memory on that MSI 560 Ti is okay to get in my opinion since its only like $10 more than the 1 Gb version. If you're okay with spending that extra bit on your graphics card and motherboard you will have yourself one kick ass computer.
    m
    l
    February 3, 2012 6:29:40 PM

So how does this look to you guys? I think this is what I'm going to order. I'm going to try and find everything on one site so I don't have to order from 3 different sites. Thanks for both of your help. I would have been lost without it

Upgraded

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

m
    l
    February 3, 2012 6:30:01 PM

also I don't need a cooler or any extra fans do I?
    m
    l
    February 3, 2012 7:45:28 PM

That looks good. You shouldn't need any extra fans; the CPU will have a cooler, and you won't need a better one since you won't be overclocking it. Good luck, and have fun with your build.
    BTW, you should not need to replace the motherboard; the ASRock should give you all you need for quite some time.
    m
    l
    February 3, 2012 10:50:27 PM

I will keep you updated on how it turns out. thanks again
    m
    l
    May 8, 2012 2:14:33 AM

Hey guys!! Im kinda in the same boat myself, would you mind taking a look at this build and let me know if it is suitable and how you think it will handle diablo iii?
    m
    l
    May 8, 2012 2:18:04 AM

1.Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm

2.Samsung by Seagate Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ/ST500DM005 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

3.ASUS VH232H Glossy Black 23" 5ms Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD Monitor w/Speakers & HDMI

4.EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1363-KR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video ...

5.Antec EarthWatts Platinum Series EA-650 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Power ...

6.Kingston HyperX Grey Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3X2K2/8GX

7.ASRock Z68 PRO3 GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

8.Intel Core i5-2500 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 ...
    m
    l
    May 8, 2012 10:01:28 AM

When you start your own thread, I'm sure you will get many useful comments.
    m
    l
    May 8, 2012 4:32:11 PM

lol.. sorry this is my first time actually writting in a forum, so im not too familiar with propper forum etiquette. I started my on forum and my apologies on the mistake.
    m
    l
    May 8, 2012 5:44:16 PM

nice manners Jtt... that time of the month?

There's a nice way of saying that and there's your way of doing it.
    m
    l
    May 8, 2012 10:42:53 PM

I like his way better
    m
    l
    May 9, 2012 5:30:25 PM

Hey TyLeR115 how did your system turn out (Thats if you have finished it yet, of course)?
    m
    l
    May 9, 2012 5:35:11 PM

I just got it today. I am going to hook everything up here in about an hour. I have been extremely busy but I am very pleased with the outcome
    m
    l
    !