Sign in with
Your question

Psu and Case Question

Last response: in Components
May 17, 2012 10:55:00 PM

What is up folks, im going to make my first build soon and had some Questions about a specific case im interested in.

Specs:
Phenom x4 965
ASRock 970DE3/U3S3 motherboard
8gb ddr3 RAM
Radeon 6670 Graphics
Western digital 750gb HDD

so my question was about this case:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Ark-Technology-PA06-LF-Mi...

I was wondering if it would fit with everything i had listed above, and if it is decent quality, and also what else i would need to buy to go along with it

More about : psu case question

May 17, 2012 11:04:07 PM

Stay away from cases that come with PSUs. They are almost universally of the worst possible quality.

A decent 500W supply should cost nearly as much as that case and PSU combined. The PSU is the last thing you want to skimp on. It might seem like an unimportant component, but that couldn't be farther from the truth.

I would very strongly recommend not buying that case, or any case with a PSU bundled with it.
m
l
May 17, 2012 11:05:29 PM

can you suggest me a case and psu with 500w for the best price possible
m
l
May 18, 2012 5:31:01 PM

Case is largely personal preference, though there are real qualitative differences in airflow, ease of assembly, number of drive bays, etc. Too many good ones to list, I'd just recommend hitting Google for case reviews, and look at the very low end. AnandTech also does thorough reviews, both in the high end and low end segments.

As far as a PSU, I'd recommend the Corsair Builder Series units for a low end build. You can get a 500W unit for around $50, maybe a bit less on sale. If the unit costs less than $40, it's usually a very low quality unit.

Cheap PSUs do not last long, and commonly destroy other components in your system when (not if) they fail. Buy cheap and you'll buy twice.
m
l
!