Themes problem SP2

September 19, 2004 1:50:49 AM

Hello

My problem is this. I have tried changing the desktop
theme in SP2, but the only thing that changes is the
wallpaper, and the desktop icons. The taskbar at the
bottom of the screen just changes color to match the
theme, but it doesn't change the font type, or other
properties associated with the theme. These are themes
that worked perfectly until today. When I right-click on
the desktop, and go into properties, and then appearance,
somehow, it has reverted back to Windows Classic Style.
When I then change the appearance to the same type as the
theme installed, and click on apply, it doesn't change.
This happens with all the themes I have installed. Is
there a way of changing some kind of settings that will
allow all the properties of a theme to be installed, and
not just parts? Or, could there be a program installed,
that is causing this problem? If anyone needs any further
information, or has any questions, please contact me.
Again, these are themes that were installed, and worked
perfectly until today.

Any help would be greatly apprciated.

Neo

More about : themes problem sp2

Anonymous
October 1, 2004 2:03:50 AM

Neo rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

> Hello
>
> My problem is this. I have tried changing the desktop
> theme in SP2, but the only thing that changes is the
> wallpaper, and the desktop icons. The taskbar at the
> bottom of the screen just changes color to match the
> theme, but it doesn't change the font type, or other
> properties associated with the theme. These are themes
> that worked perfectly until today. When I right-click on
> the desktop, and go into properties, and then appearance,
> somehow, it has reverted back to Windows Classic Style.
> When I then change the appearance to the same type as the
> theme installed, and click on apply, it doesn't change.
> This happens with all the themes I have installed. Is
> there a way of changing some kind of settings that will
> allow all the properties of a theme to be installed, and
> not just parts? Or, could there be a program installed,
> that is causing this problem? If anyone needs any further
> information, or has any questions, please contact me.
> Again, these are themes that were installed, and worked
> perfectly until today.
>
> Any help would be greatly apprciated.
>
> Neo

Are the themes custom ones you downloaded from a web site? If so then you
need to patch your uxtheme.dll file, do a google search for patch
uxtheme.dll sp2.
!