Why is this stupid question still surfacing

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
AMD is being smart and hiding K10??????

This is the K10 Uarch disected by Anandtech. 3 months ago. There are no secrets.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2939

1) If AMD was trying to keep K10 secret, they would never have revealed the Uarch publically. With the information contained in the above link, Intel could easily develope a simulation to determine K10s precise performance. As of March 1. It is possible AMD deliberately lied to mislead Intel, but if they did that, they would PO Anandtech. Not something I think they really want to do.
2) While there have been no actual, true benchmarks released for K10, there has been ample 'performance' level blathering from AMDs mouthpieces.
3) It is possible that AMD has drastically altered the K10 Uarch since it was revealed to Anandtech, but highly, highly unlikely, as the time table to redesign a Urach and get it to production silicon would have them releasing K10 in 2008.
4) Intel already has its K10 competitor, Penryn, well along into developement.
5) Hiding K10 with Penryn so far along into developement will have little, if any impact on Penryn....its too late for Intel to diddle with Penryns Uarch, just as its far too late to diddle with K10 and make a Q3 release.

K10 will live or die by its own hand. Hiding anything positive about it at this point is completely and totally moot...it has no positive impact IRT Intel. The impact it has had is to shake a fair portion of the communities faith in AMD. With every passing day, more tech sites publish "WTF" articles regarding K10.

Unless they lied about the design, at this point AMD gains nothing by hiding K10 benchmarks. Unless its not performing up to claims.

D00d, at this point who cares...why even bother speculating and creating half baked conspiracies about K10/AMD this or Penryn/Intel that...Intel creating a simulation of Barcelona or AMD intentionally deceiving Anandtech, puh-leez...have a beer, relax, and hurry up and wait with the rest of us.

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
there is something i learned from posting on a forum...

people stick to their opinions, even if their opinions contradicts with the facts.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
D00d, at this point who cares...why even bother speculating and creating half baked conspiracies about K10/AMD this or Penryn/Intel that...Intel creating a simulation of Barcelona or AMD intentionally deceiving Anandtech, puh-leez...have a beer, relax, and hurry up and wait with the rest of us.

My point exactly. With the complete and total lack of useful or worthwhile information from AMD regarding K10, the fanboys are so desperate for something positive to say, they are grasping at straws. This particular straw keeps coming up, again and again, and it is completely false.

My opinion. Shut up, wait, and stop creating crap which is qualifiably false, and worse may falsely raise hopes as with 4x4, 65nm, AM2 and R600.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
there is something i learned from posting on a forum...

people stick to their opinions, even if their opinions contradicts with the facts.

Thats true, but if the opinions keeps cropping up (which they will) you should keep presenting the facts to prevent those who are undecided/uninformed from being mislead.

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Thats true, but if the opinions keeps cropping up (which they will) you should keep presenting the facts to prevent those who are undecided/uninformed from being mislead.
Absolutely true. Is that the reason why Dr. Sharidouche kept on posting consistent "facts"? :lol:

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
Absolutely true. Is that the reason why Dr. Sharidouche kept on posting consistent "facts"? :lol:

Shariboobookitty lives in his own world. There are no explanations for him.....he is an aberation of the laws of nature.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Oh no...not a mention of Mr. Sharidude (no way in hell I'm giving him a Dr. title). His facts are probably the most twisted on the 'net. Even when confronted with actual data from tech sites, his croonies and him are quick to jump on the "paid by Intel" bandwagon, but if it's a positive result for AMD, then those same tech sites are okay to quote and link to. Hell, he's resorted to using responses to his blog as facts, along with Newegg customer reviews. Yeah, that's really great information to know that Bob, in some place USA, had a 5 egg experience using his X2 3800+ CPU. 8O

As for the topic at hand...

People will always speculate, especially when this product is highly anticipated, even more so than before since the Core 2 release. I agree with turpit that the misleading facts (which sometimes ends up to be totally false) does affect those who are looking to buy now, or wait. Again, the purchase is up to the person, but misleading/false facts can really hurt a companies reputation (ie. Netburst, G965, R600/UVD thing, and 4X4 to name a few). The problem is that more and more hype is poured on a product that hasn't shown anything substantial to really live up to the hype around it. I think all the "hiding", "secret", and other goofy topic posts/replies will continue until it is released/delayed/cancelled.

Just my $.02

The only people who know the truth here are required by the SEC to report when they buy or sell shares of AMD or when they exercise stock options. Looking at these reports (http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=AMD) I am guessing that the news we'll eventually get from AMD is neither sensational nor a disaster. That is, it's normal for a company to have insiders sell a bit more than they buy. They do it often simply to buy houses or cars or to diversify, it doesn't mean they are preparing to spring horrible news on the public.

fidgewinkle

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
The only people who know the truth here are required by the SEC to report when they buy or sell shares of AMD or when they exercise stock options. Looking at these reports (http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=AMD) I am guessing that the news we'll eventually get from AMD is neither sensational nor a disaster. That is, it's normal for a company to have insiders sell a bit more than they buy. They do it often simply to buy houses or cars or to diversify, it doesn't mean they are preparing to spring horrible news on the public.

Insiders are significantly limited on when they can trade. Further, they don't necessarily have options that are above water to trade. I wouldn't use insider activity as a gauge concerning the outlook at AMD unless a lot of activity is going on.

A bunch of $0 options being cashed out certainly look suspicious to me. There doesn't seem to be a lot of confidence at AMD right now.

senor_bob

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
Oh no...not a mention of Mr. Sharidude (no way in hell I'm giving him a Dr. title).
He's a doctor in the same way that Dr. Pepper is a doctor.

Or Dr. Dre.
Dr. Dre probably knows more about CPUs from mixing records than Sharidumb does.

yourmothersanastronaut

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
docteurquinn.jpg

Or Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.