Sign in with
Your question

Is my PSU too weak?

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 3, 2011 8:38:10 PM

First of all sorry for posting two threads but I feel like my previous one of worded poorly.

After putting in my new GTX560 I'm receiving a "nvlddmkm display driver has crashed and recovered." error when gaming.

I've ruled out quite a few issues and this issue doesn't happen on my previous card, the 9800GT.

Now I'm trying to rule out if my PSU as the culprit.

So can this PSU run a GTX560? Could this be the cause of my crashing? (the max wattage is 585 its hard to see in the picture)

Computer spec's are
A15G v1
GTX560
Athlon 64 x2 6000+
Windows vista 64-bit

More about : psu weak

a b Î Nvidia
December 3, 2011 8:48:28 PM

Should be fine.
December 3, 2011 8:53:45 PM

So if my 9800gt works perfectly on my computer but my GTX560 causes my nvlddmkm driver to crash and my PSU is powerful enough for both cards, is my GTX560 a faulty card or could there be something else causing this?
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
December 3, 2011 9:05:48 PM

Did you remove the old drivers and try different driver versions for the 560 ?

I did read some bad reviews btw for that psu bit still, theoraticly it should be powerfull enough.

Found this about the nvlddmkm btw ; http://www.nvlddmkm.com/
December 3, 2011 9:13:10 PM

I have removed old drivers and even used driver removing software and have tried many different driver versions.

I have also tried many online solutions to the nvlddmkm but I will read up on what you linked and post my results.

Thanks
a b Î Nvidia
December 3, 2011 9:16:01 PM

Can you try the 560 in a pc from a friend or something ?
December 3, 2011 9:25:58 PM

Yeah I will definitely try that
December 3, 2011 9:34:31 PM

If we assume that the 560 does work on my friends computer, and none of the nvlddmkm solutions work for my computer, should I assume the issue is the power supply?

Hmm..maybe I could find a friend to borrow their power supply if their willing, lol.
a b Î Nvidia
December 3, 2011 9:40:05 PM

Actually it would be best if it doesn't work at the other pc to, than you've got the simpelest solution ; faulty card.

If it's working fine there the problem is def. more complicated. Trying the friends psu on your system would be a good next step then.
!