Sign in with
Your question

Keeps disconnected from internet

Last response: in Components
May 18, 2012 1:49:02 AM

Hi, I've built my computer yesterday and it keeps disconnecting from internet. Sometimes it connects to the internet and stays for a while then it disconnects and tries to reconnect, takes some time.

Also, this happens espeically when I turn on the pc. When the windows screen is up, I can't connect internet right away...

Can anyone please advise me what to do? Please help!

I'm using router and it's about 4~5 year old. My laptop, wireless, sometimes had that kinda problem too. But not like this.

Thanks!

More about : disconnected internet

May 18, 2012 2:01:12 AM

What kind of 4-5 year old router are you using? and has it had a life of HEAVY usage?
m
l
May 18, 2012 3:04:08 AM

Hello, yea, I used a lot of torrents for movie and spent regularly 4~8 hours depends on day work. Also I used to play games too. The router is cisco (i bought it about 4~5 years ago.) Cheers
m
l
Related resources
May 19, 2012 3:18:45 AM

cokegirl said:
Hello, yea, I used a lot of torrents for movie and spent regularly 4~8 hours depends on day work. Also I used to play games too. The router is cisco (i bought it about 4~5 years ago.) Cheers

in that case its time to upgrade i would go cisco or netgear. i work at an ISP and we actually lease the linksys e1200.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

edit: obviously you can go higher and faster but this is a good baseline model that we have not had any trouble out of.
m
l
July 12, 2012 6:55:37 PM

2534742,1,1203016 said:
Hi, I've built my computer yesterday and it keeps disconnecting from internet. Sometimes it connects to the internet and stays for a while then it disconnects and tries to reconnect, takes some time.

Several years ago my Cable router had constant disconnects. It would disconnect both the computers connection and the telephones. I finally saw that when this happened the cable router was rebooting and after getting it replaced I've had no problem. If this is the same as your case, watch the leds on the router and see if maybe it is rebooting... before you buy another router...
m
l
!