  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
September 19, 2004 10:25:14 AM

Hello,

When I insert a disc to install someting this message
keeps appearing: 16 bit Windows Subsystem:
C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not
suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application. A similar message appeared when I tried to
open "smart restore". Please help
thanks
Emma

More about : bit windows subsystem

Anonymous
September 19, 2004 6:42:10 PM

Hi

Please see if the following article helps:

"Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
Program"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

--

Will Denny