16 bit Windows Subsystem

Hello,

When I insert a disc to install someting this message
keeps appearing: 16 bit Windows Subsystem:
C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not
suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application. A similar message appeared when I tried to
open "smart restore". Please help
thanks
Emma
1 answer Last reply
More about windows subsystem

    Hi

    Please see if the following article helps:

    "Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
    Program"
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "EMMA MOORE" <mad_cows_rule-the_world@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Hello,
    >
    > When I insert a disc to install someting this message
    > keeps appearing: 16 bit Windows Subsystem:
    > C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not
    > suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
    > applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
    > application. A similar message appeared when I tried to
    > open "smart restore". Please help
    > thanks
    > Emma

Configuration System File Microsoft Customization Windows XP