Sign in with
Your question

Crazy mouse

Last response: in Components
May 18, 2012 5:54:24 AM

Just out of the blue my mouse started acting strange. When I click on something it won't "take", I have to click on it several times. Also, when I click on something, it sometimes will pull up something else. When I click on a pull down menu, it won't work the first time, I have to click it several times. Any ideas?

More about : crazy mouse

May 18, 2012 6:39:59 AM

Have you tried a different mouse to eliminate the mouse itself being the issue?
m
l
May 18, 2012 5:18:40 PM

no, I don't have one, but maybe I can borrow someones. Thanks..
m
l
Related resources
May 18, 2012 6:32:09 PM

sometimes the little microswitch under the button gets worn and doesnt work right because its lost its springiness

usually the left button as it gets used more

you can take the mouse apart and bend the copper spring thing back--but its very fiddly and not worth trying unless its a good

mouse that makes it worth the bother of trying to fix

had a couple of logitech g7 mice do this

as suggested try another mouse--if a new mouse works then its probably the microswitch
m
l
May 18, 2012 6:51:04 PM

some times if a mobile phone is close to a mouse it can cause the cursor to jump randomly or even click randomly. The mouse I've got is a logitech mx400 but its happened with other mice aswell and the effects of interference are really high on laptop trackpads (Alps branded)
m
l
May 19, 2012 1:39:07 AM

Does anyone know how to get my notices emailed so I know there is an answer here?
m
l
May 19, 2012 9:53:56 AM

click on the {envolope icon} near the top right so that there's a little red {x} in it and you should get email alerts.
m
l
May 20, 2012 12:35:29 AM

I got the mouse to work by just kind of cleaning it off and using a mouse pad. Thank you so much for your help. I am going to try the envelope next. Thanks.
m
l
May 20, 2012 12:37:49 AM

Got the mail alerts also. Thanks you guys.
Do you know where I would go to get help with my yahoo and firefox?
m
l
!