why my computer doesn't save its setting

Why doesn't my computer save its settings after I have
log off or restart my computer? I use to have my
customized desktop, my links, my programs in the
desktop... and all of a sudden, yesterday, everything was
gone. However, none of my files was gone. Is this a
hardware problem? Help
2 answers Last reply
More about computer doesn save setting

    "Mel" wrote:

    > Why doesn't my computer save its settings after I have
    > log off or restart my computer? I use to have my
    > customized desktop, my links, my programs in the
    > desktop... and all of a sudden, yesterday, everything was
    > gone. However, none of my files was gone. Is this a
    > hardware problem? Help

    Run the edit on line 30 left side "windows xp doesn't save user settings"

    Interesting.... Hmmmm

    "Mel" <melextacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Why doesn't my computer save its settings after I have
    > log off or restart my computer? I use to have my
    > customized desktop, my links, my programs in the
    > desktop... and all of a sudden, yesterday, everything was
    > gone. However, none of my files was gone. Is this a
    > hardware problem? Help

Configuration Hardware Problem Desktops Microsoft Customization Computers Windows XP