HIS IceQ X HD6870 x 2 issues

slowmopar

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
I built this system a couple months ago and so far have had nothing but trouble out of what I assume to be the video cards.
System:
MBD: MSI 890FXA-GD65
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W
CPU: AMD Phenom II Black
GPU: HIS IceQ X HD6870 x2
Mem: G.Skill Sniper 4g x 4
Windows 7 Home 64 bit
Thermaltake Big Water kit
Swiftek GPU coolers

Playing WoW I generally have no issues at all. Sometimes a random 'Display adapter has crashed and has recovered.' error but nothing major. If I attempt to play any other game (Crysis 2, SWtoR, D3) I get either a system hard lock or a BSOD with a file error in ATIKMPAG.SYS.

Things I've checked:
Swapped out all memory.
Disabled cross fire.
Removed each vid card individually.
Temps are all acceptable with peak GPU temps of 50 degrees Celsius according to GPU-Z.
Formatted.
Wiped drivers repeatedly in safe mode using Driver Sweeper and CCleaner.
Used up to date and several previous drivers including drivers on HIS disc.
Checked mem timing.
Disabled GPU clocking.
Run Windows in basic visual settings.
Reseated GPU liquid cooling pads.

Can anybody think of anything I'm missing? I've spent the past two months trying nearly everything fix I've read about and this is driving me crazy. I love the performance potential of these cards but I'm thinking I should have gone Nvidia.

slowmopar

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Sent the cards to HIS for RMA. I'll post the result when I get them back. Cooler Master has also offered to RMA the PSU if the issue persists when I get the cards back.

slowmopar

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
I did test each card. Each one gave me different problems. One would artifact badly and then cause hard locks the other would pop 'Driver has stopped responding but recovered.' errors continuously.

slowmopar

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011

Still waiting on the cards to be returned from HIS and yes.