Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Notebooks
  • Cable
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 4, 2011 2:14:12 AM

Hello, I connected the cable. went thru the
Nvida control panel .set for multiple display. it shows my TV and notebook monitor as Notebook primary ,Tv ,second . anyway. my notebook shows the desktop background with nothing else ,no icons . so I cannot go anywhere, The mouse icon appears .thats it. what happened to the rest of the windows vista display.???

More about : connecting vga cable vizio led hdtv

December 4, 2011 2:47:42 AM

VGA can only handle 640X480 resolution, I believe. Get yourself a DVI.
Score
December 14, 2011 12:38:53 AM

kajabla said:
VGA can only handle 640X480 resolution, I believe. Get yourself a DVI.

thank You for your response. I checked for a DVI connection on Vizio 55" HDTV , the manuel does not list any DVI. connections only 4 HDMI, component connections. RGB(PC) connection. and RCA connections. I just connected to my other 32" HDTV with no problem.I believe your evaluation is correct .
Score
Related resources
December 14, 2011 1:00:19 AM

You can easily get hold of an HDMI/DVI adapter. Those two formats send identical video streams (HDMI just carries sound as well), so adapters are simple and cheap.
Score
December 21, 2011 2:07:51 AM

I returned home and " Vizio" the manufacture of my 55" HDTV was installing a firmware update to my TV. after 15 minutes it completed the install and I connected the VGA cable. to see if it would work. and it does work . maybe it had something to do with the firmware update. anyway. thanks for all your help and attention to my question. Any one who has a Vizio TV. check for this firmware update. eveidently it corrects some problems Vizio was experiencing . Merry Chirstmas. and Happy HOlidays.
Score
a b Î Nvidia
December 21, 2011 2:10:32 AM

Switch it to HDMI with a DVI adaptor, it will display a digital image, vga will be analog and not have the same high quality image as using the HDMI/DVI connection.
Score
!