Display not showing with my graphics card?

warship

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Hello. So my issue is that I don't get a display when I have my graphics card (Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT 1GB) inserted into my motherboard (MSI 785gtm E45). The computer's a year old and originally it had no problems, but today it refuses to work. Original setup was card in motherboard, and then a VGA adapter into the card so I could hook it up to my VGA monitor. Now, that isn't working and I get no signal after the Win XP Loading screen (can still enter BIOS). With the card in the motherboard, there's that issue, but when the card is taken out and I'm using the onboard graphics, everything works fine. With the card in the motherboard, and the cable hooked into the motherboard VGA, I get no signal. I've tried going into BIOS and changing the display option from PCI-E to Internal and no luck. The fan on the card works when I start the computer.

Completely at a loss as to what the problem could be.

Don't know if system specs are necessary as it worked before for a year but:

Processor: AMD Phenom II 555 Blk Edition @ 3.2 ghz
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT
Ram: 4 GB
Power Supply: 450 Watts

jhb1

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
My card works in other computers but not with this MB. My onboard video willnot show u either and i have a light when i turn it on but nothing else happens and even wil not detect my internet. This MB must be a bad product. I am going to return all i bought last week and buy everything again tht should support it. This is crazy, we buy things that will not work and you cannot get the suppoet you really need. :fou: