Wrong Native Resolution on my Monitor

Colechadwick66

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Hello, to start off I am running a Nvidia GTX 560 graphics card in a HP Pavilion a6742p PC. I am running a dual monitor set up and just bought a new second monitor. My first is a HP w2207. The new second monitor I am running is a LG Flatron E2241 and after setting it up and installing the drivers from the disk that it came with I am unable to adjust the resolution properly. The maximum resolution of the screen is 1920x1080, however when I try to adjust it in both the Nvidia control center and my computers control panel the only options are 800x600 and 1024x768. I'm running 32 bit color scheme and a 75 hz refresh rate.

I have tried: rebooting, making sure graphics drivers and monitor drivers are up to date. Lowered resolution of one monitor to see if there was an over all limitation that I had reached and it had no effect. My previous monitor ran at a high resolution with absolutely no problem and this is beginning to be extremely frustrating.

Colechadwick66

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
I have tried running at 60 hz with no change. In the Nvidia control panel I have the lg set up as my second monitor and it still is only giving me two options. Although it is only recognizing my lg monitor as "Digital Display" instead of the name of the monitor, could this be part of the problem?